Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
Wow. So much wrong with this post. First, USD's campus has undergone a transformation over the last 15 years or so. Dang near every building is brand new or newly renovated. It's not even the same campus as when I was in school there 25 years ago. Not even close. If anything it is SDSU that is playing catch-up there. Second, the DakotaDome has undergone tweaks but is up for a major renovation and expansion project, so that is coming. As far as a recruit is concerned, it doesn't matter what the concourse looks like, or the concession stand, all that matters is that when you are on the field you are surrounded by a place that is jumping, and when the DakotaDome is full it is an awesome place to play for the home team, that place gets loud and is electric. But as far as facilities go, USD football has one of the best weight training and athletic performance facilities in the Midwest, period, it rivals FBS schools. Finally, USD has never had the same recruiting strategy as SDSU. The Jacks have always scooped up more in-state players while USD, given its location, is heavier on recruits from Iowa and Nebraska, plus USD has a history of pulling players out of Florida, Texas, California, and all points in between going as far back as the 1970's. Some of the best players in USD history have come out of places as far away as Florida. SDSU can pull whatever local players they want, that's nothing new. We're in on plenty of good players right now. I'm not worried about this staff's recruiting ability.
I agree with you. The Dakota dome isn't that bad and the atmosphere is actually pretty decent when it's full. With a renovation it will only be better.

You're right recruits don't care about crappy restrooms and concessions because they don't use them.

The overall campus is actually pretty nice.