Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 @ Omaha Regular Season Finale

Default Re: 2/25 @ Omaha Regular Season Finale

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would worry less about records and more about how these teams are currently playing. USD and SDSU are the two I'd least want to play right now

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    Exactly...We are not playing well right now. :-)
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

USD one loss since Flack has returned. Omaha & SDSU finished strong. SDSU is probably the 2nd/3rd best team right now. A matchup with the Yotes would be interesting in the semis. IPFW has been inconsistent all season but is capable of knocking off anyone. Denver has regressed a bit. We need a team effort if we want to win it. Not too worried about the first game. Think we come out focused and beat IUPUI. It's if Ft Wayne gets hot or if we can put it all together to beat one of the SD schools in basically a road environment that are the questions. Cant afford all these offensive droughts like we've been seeing most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Richman and Klieman are a lot alike. Soft--and "oh well", we have great young men playing here at NDSU, and other teams have great players too! "It's hard to win games". Blah, blah, blah ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To speak highly of a opponent and your own team after losing a game is simply class Charlie I'm sorry that you feel one must talk badly about others to make oneself better
    Ignorance is bliss I guess
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    USD one loss since Flack has returned. Omaha & SDSU finished strong. SDSU is probably the 2nd/3rd best team right now. A matchup with the Yotes would be interesting in the semis. IPFW has been inconsistent all season but is capable of knocking off anyone. Denver has regressed a bit. We need a team effort if we want to win it. Not too worried about the first game. Think we come out focused and beat IUPUI. It's if Ft Wayne gets hot or if we can put it all together to beat one of the SD schools in basically a road environment that are the questions. Cant afford all these offensive droughts like we've been seeing most of the season.
    We don't match up well with Fort Wayne. We simply cannot guard their perimeter players. It took a herculean effort by NDSU's offense and the best game NDSU has played all season just to beat them in the closing minutes at home and we aren't playing anywhere close to that.

Summit should be some really good games. Nobody in Sioux Falls will be scared of playing NDSU. Some of those teams are probably happy to see us in their same side of the bracket.

I don't see NDSU winning the tournament
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I don't see NDSU winning the tournament
    Honestly, I don't either. But I wonder... if we can win 1-2 games and get north of 20 wins, would the NIT look at us? Fort Wayne went last year as I recall. I've been watching a lot of basketball lately, and many of the bubble teams which will likely end up in the NIT don't look that great at all.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Honestly, I don't either. But I wonder... if we can win 1-2 games and get north of 20 wins, would the NIT look at us? Fort Wayne went last year as I recall. I've been watching a lot of basketball lately, and many of the bubble teams which will likely end up in the NIT don't look that great at all.
    No. Ft Wayne won the the regular season title.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No. Ft Wayne won the the regular season title.
    Or was it South Dakota?

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Or was it South Dakota?
    He's talking last year
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Regardless of how well teams on our side are playing, they are all road games for them and us. Omaha being the closest at a 2.75 hours away. SDSU has always has a home game in SF, and they play well at home, advantage SDSU. USD is also very close to SF, but I haven't seen them pack the place, but I'm sure they will this year with the #1 seed. USD is also playing the best in the Summit and have proven it throughout the year, and thus advantage USD. I would rather not play either USD or SDSU until their rivalry game in the Semis. Gives us the best shot IMO.