Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 @ Omaha Regular Season Finale

Default Re: 2/25 @ Omaha Regular Season Finale

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Certainly NDSU has its flaws, we could easily drop our 1st game vs IUPUI and be one and done. Outside of USD nobody and has proven to me that they can win 3 in a row.
    USD is playing it's best basketball of the season. SDSU is playing it's best basketball of the season by far. NDSU is playing it's worst basketball of the season. That's the concerning thing. Like you said, it all matters over the conference tournament. NDSU still has a chance. But in the last 8 games they have played their worst basketball of the season with the exception of the Denver and SDSU game. NDSU got a favorable half. Let's hope Omaha beats IPFW, because them and USD match up extremely favorably against NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So your saying the team just wasn't that fired up about winning a conference championship?

South Dakota gets to raise a banner now and that sucks
    I don't think that's what I'm saying at all. The team of course wanted to win tonight, didn't play well enough to do that. What I'm saying is Mid-Major Basketball is all about the conference tournaments. The winner of that receives the bid to the NCAA Tournament. The end goal for any Mid-Major team.

If USD doesnt win the the tournament in Sioux Falls next week, I guarantee you they would trade the conference championship banner in a heartbeat to the team that does...thats what im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    USD is playing it's best basketball of the season. SDSU is playing it's best basketball of the season by far. NDSU is playing it's worst basketball of the season. That's the concerning thing. Like you said, it all matters over the conference tournament. NDSU still has a chance. But in the last 8 games they have played their worst basketball of the season with the exception of the Denver and SDSU game. NDSU got a favorable half. Let's hope Omaha beats IPFW, because them and USD match up extremely favorably against NDSU.
    USD has proven they are the best, cant argue on that. Sure SDSU is playing well but they have their flaws. What if Daum gets in early foul trouble next weekend??? That changes SDSU completely. Omaha needed a last second shot to beat Denver on Wednesday, who is playing the worst out of anybody in the league heading to Sioux Falls. IPFW and WIU went to OT tonight and was a complete toss up. I have a feeling its going to be a strange tournament. USD certainly is the overwhelming favorite imo.

They can have the banner, I want another ncaa tournament bid!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Wow. I'd much rather be on the other side. Talk about rose colored glasses.
    Ipfw isn't playing well and I don't mind the match up with Omaha...The SD teams are the ones playing the best right now. Would rather play either in a title game when things always seem to get a bit tighter. Gotta get there first and IUPUI is a very tough opener.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Ipfw isn't playing well and I don't mind the match up with Omaha...The SD teams are the ones playing the best right now. Would rather play either in a title game when things always seem to get a bit tighter. Gotta get there first and IUPUI is a very tough opener.

We've split with ipfw, iupui and Omaha, right?. Beat sdsu soundly twice and wiu twice. Not following your logic at all. Removing USD...What is our records against the teams in each half of the bracket....? Not to mention...We are not playing well heading into this.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

We've split with ipfw, iupui and Omaha, right?. Beat sdsu soundly twice and wiu twice. Not following your logic at all. Removing USD...What is our records against the teams in each half of the bracket....? Not to mention...We are not playing well heading into this.
    We did we sweep SDSU but we also did play them when they were at rock bottom running their dumpster fire zone defense 40 minutes a game. That team gets an extra spark in SF...I love the thought of them and USD getting locked into a tough rivalry game on Monday night. If I'm going to play them now give me them with Daum playing his third game in three nights...he has to carry them.

Of course I'd rather play WIU to open...I guess but it isn't like we match up poorly with IUPUI.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We did we sweep SDSU but we also did play them when they were at rock bottom running their dumpster fire zone defense 40 minutes a game. That team gets an extra spark in SF...I love the thought of them and USD getting locked into a tough rivalry game on Monday night. If I'm going to play them now give me them with Daum playing his third game in three nights...he has to carry them.

Of course I'd rather play WIU to open...I guess but it isn't like we match up poorly with IUPUI.

We are 5-1 against teams in USD half of bracket. 3-3 against teams in our half. And we are not playing well. Again...I'm just not seeing your logic. I'd much rather play sdsu and wiu right now.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We are 5-1 against teams in USD half of bracket. 3-3 against teams in our half. And we are not playing well. Again...I'm just not seeing your logic. I'd much rather play sdsu and wiu right now.
    The logic is USD and SDSU are the two best teams going into the tourney and they are basically playing at home. Avoiding those two teams until the Champ is a huge advantage and if they play in the semi's it will be a very emotional rivalry game. Another advantage to NDSU. Obviously we won't win anything if we don't start playing defense.

I would worry less about records and more about how these teams are currently playing. USD and SDSU are the two I'd least want to play right now