Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Agreed. NDSU sucks balls when it comes to facilitating teacher education. I wanted my daughter to go to NDSU but they were zero help. Nothing but roadblocks and truly unhelpful people.

Mayville and Valley get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love NDSU but I completely agree with this about the teacher education program. I wanted to expand my K-8 license to also include teaching HS math, so I went in and talked to them to see which classes I needed to take and they told me I had to take 2 more years of classes. I contacted the state and they told me I had to take 2 more classes and then take a test. I was so frustrated that I came really close to cutting ties with NDSU. If that wasn't exactly the case of we don't care about the student just the money that comes with them, then nothing is. Obviously I did not take those 2 classes from NDSU.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I love NDSU but I completely agree with this about the teacher education program. I wanted to expand my K-8 license to also include teaching HS math, so I went in and talked to them to see which classes I needed to take and they told me I had to take 2 more years of classes. I contacted the state and they told me I had to take 2 more classes and then take a test. I was so frustrated that I came really close to cutting ties with NDSU. If that wasn't exactly the case of we don't care about the student just the money that comes with them, then nothing is. Obviously I did not take those 2 classes from NDSU.
    Every college cares more about money. That is why they make everyone take a zillion credits, half of which, are useless trash. Actually, half of the degrees people get nowdays are useless trash but I'll digress

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I am a Valley City State grad, and I have no problem with the idea of closing it or Mayville State or both. As was the case with Ellendale Junior College during my high school years, those two schools (VCSU and MSU) could easily transition into faith-base entities. Try this on your palate .......Valley City Wesleyan or Mayville Baptist.......has a ring to it, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I am a Valley City State grad, and I have no problem with the idea of closing it or Mayville State or both. As was the case with Ellendale Junior College during my high school years, those two schools (VCSU and MSU) could easily transition into faith-base entities. Try this on your palate .......Valley City Wesleyan or Mayville Baptist.......has a ring to it, doesn't it?
    Then teacher education in ND dies because the PEOPLE managing it at NDSU are incompetent and lazy.

I experienced it and was shocked. What the people at NDSU couldn't explain and set up a plan for was a half hour discussion at Mayville.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Then teacher education in ND dies because the PEOPLE managing it at NDSU are incompetent and lazy.

I experienced it and was shocked. What the people at NDSU couldn't explain and set up a plan for was a half hour discussion at Mayville.

Not trying to be argumentative, but please explain why teacher education will die in ND if this would happen. Faith based colleges and universities offer very fine teacher education curriculums...........just don't see the logic. Teacher ed courses/requirements are mandated by the legislature/DPI and that would not change or be altered.........it is just the funding component that is different.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I nominate this thread as "The most uninteresting FOOTBALL thread of the year".

Do I hear a second on that motion?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I nominate this thread as "The most uninteresting FOOTBALL thread of the year".

Do I hear a second on that motion?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Wonder if I might be having a stroke? My eyes are only focusing at the lower right quadrant.

Which reminds me. Scheduling another FBS team from the mountainous regions might be nice. Hurumph!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Every college cares more about money. That is why they make everyone take a zillion credits, half of which, are useless trash. Actually, half of the degrees people get nowdays are useless trash but I'll digress
    That's a bit simplistic as the institutions are not the only one setting the number of required credits. You need to through in the state, regional acceridtation and profession specfic acreditatation in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    to do elementary ed you need to do tri college. Not really.convient
    Not true...Valley offers el Ed on the NDSU campus in a double degree program with HDFS....the NDSU/Valley majors are probably 25% of Valley's total enrollment....