Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Default Re: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    .....why?.....
    Because it is aduplication in mission. We don't need 10 plus schools all offering BS and BA degrees. Just as Minot, Bismarck should not be offering MS and PHD degrees (minot offers a PHD in CJ).

Screw it, let's be Notre Dame's 1st ever FCS opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Because it is a duplication in the mission. We don't need 10 plus schools all offering BS and BA degrees. Just as Minot, Bismarck should not be offering MS and Ph.D. degrees (minor offers a Ph.D. in CJ).
    Now some of you might think..... NDSU and UND should not be offering Undergrad degrees. thats a good point and IMO half right. UND should not be offering undergrad degrees. However, As there are no other BS land grant schools in the state, NDSU has rightfully assumed that mission. Just as other ND land grant institutions have assumed filling the Asscoaites level.

Mayville State is the most efficient 4-year institution in the state. Tuition is very low and affordable. It's not a burden to the state. Same with Valley City.
    Wrong, state money going into both is almost twice as much per student as NDSU gets. VC gets over 9000 per student, last I heard NDSU gets around 4800 per. You have to look at the cost per student not the over all appropriation.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Fan bases are oblivious, not the people making the decisions. I'm guessing if Nick Saban was asked if he had a preference to play or not play NDSU it would be a "No Way!" I remember after struggling some against Ga Southern a few years back, he said he was just glad that game was out of the way
    This. Fan bases are blow hards. The coaches and administrators know better. There is no reason, zero, zilch, nada to schedule NDSU when they can schedule a Savannah State for a $200k, fill the stands, get the win and collect the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Because it is aduplication in mission. We don't need 10 plus schools all offering BS and BA degrees. Just as Minot, Bismarck should not be offering MS and PHD degrees (minot offers a PHD in CJ).
    The duplication is in Fargo and Grand Forks.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

The duplication is in Fargo and Grand Forks.
    No, to fulfill its LG mandate NDSU is justifiable in having BS-PHD programs.

Mayville State is the most efficient 4-year institution in the state. Tuition is very low and affordable. It's not a burden to the state. Same with Valley City.
    ND has the most publically funded 4 year universities, per capita, in the U.S.. It is a complete joke. How can Wyoming pull of 1 4 year publically funded university but somehow ND needs 6? All ND is doing is susidizing higher education for other states and paying multiple bloated salaries for university administration.

The first step should be closing Valley and Mayville. Consolidate those programs into UND/NDSU.

We are now a mobile society who can actually move efficiently between areas of the state. When the NDUS was first set-up, it made sense to have as many universities as it did due to travel issues.

IMO, there is no reason to have public 4-year universities in Minot, Dickinson, Mayville or Valley City. If I were king, I would convert them to community colleges/tech schools or shutter them if possible.

I'd offer general education courses as well as technical programs/AA degrees.

Too bad the whole system is tied into the state's constitution, which would require a referendum. Making these changes would almost be impossible.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Too bad the whole system is tied into the state's constitution, which would require a referendum.
    Ok, I'm giving up on the FBS thread. Serious question - why was this written into the constitution?