Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Default Re: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    It's not RRV bias, it is simply a fact that nearly all of our governors and political power come from the east and it shows. Sorry, but I cannot call Bismarck and Minot "west" anymore because they usually don't act that way. So, that leaves Dickinson State and Williston JC as the only colleges in the west. Is that too many? I don't think so. Having said that, NDSU has tremendous support in the true west of ND and it has little to do with football....it is about real education and real issues that are important to us. Sometimes, people make too big a deal about football and use it as an excuse to close down other colleges and that simplistic attitude ticks me off.
    Wtf are you whining to a bunch of rubes for since it's about government and politicians? We can't help that eastern north dakota is a hell of a lot better than western North dakota

Virginia Tech or ASU in the desert would be my picks.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It's not RRV bias, it is simply a fact that nearly all of our governors and political power come from the east and it shows. Sorry, but I cannot call Bismarck and Minot "west" anymore because they usually don't act that way. So, that leaves Dickinson State and Williston JC as the only colleges in the west. Is that too many? I don't think so. Having said that, NDSU has tremendous support in the true west of ND and it has little to do with football....it is about real education and real issues that are important to us. Sometimes, people make too big a deal about football and use it as an excuse to close down other colleges and that simplistic attitude ticks me off.
    I don't think DSU or Williston State are the campuses that people are talking about. It's probably VCSU, Mayville St, Bottineau and maybe Lake Region. Not an east/west thing.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    If you close Mayville St, that money is not going to NDSU or UND. It will follow the students that would have gone to Mayville and they aren't looking for a large(r) state school to learn their trade. They are kids from smaller towns throughout the region who are looking to get a teaching degree and move back to smaller towns throughout the region. CA said it about as good as anyone can.
    how many students at mayville state has athletic scholarships/grants. ill hang up and listen
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I don't think DSU or Williston State are the campuses that people are talking about. It's probably VCSU, Mayville St, Bottineau and maybe Lake Region. Not an east/west thing.
    I personally LOVE driving down I 94 and seeing a Bus Custom wrapped with Valley City St Baseball on it... what a colossol waste!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I wouldn't mind at trip to UNLV, Tempe, Tacoma, San Diego etc...

Not real interested in the LA schools, Tucson, New Mexicos, Utahs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Virginia Tech or ASU in the desert would be my picks.
    Actually, anything in western snowbird country would make a lot of sense..................Tempe, Tuscon, Las Vegas...............Reno?

I don't think anything in eastern snowbird land (Florida), or southern snowbird territory (Texas) would take the bait right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Actually, anything in western snowbird country would make a lot of sense..................Tempe, Tuscon, Las Vegas...............Reno?

I don't think anything in eastern snowbird land (Florida), or southern snowbird territory (Texas) would take the bait right now.
    Weeklong September party in Vegas leading up to a game against UNLV!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mayville need to be shuttered asap. Valley City should privatized like Jamestown and could probably pull it off, especially with assistance from the State. NDSCS needs to be renamed North Dakota Tech and turned into a 4 year college. Rename Williston State to North Dakota Tech-Williston and western kids can go there for Tech degrees and then feed into Wahp for the more advanced stuff, same with North Dakota Tech-Bottineau and North Dakota Tech-Bismarck. Lake Region is untouchable because of politics. Minot ST is fine but Dickinson State is a joke and I have no idea what to do there.

This has nothing to do about football.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Weeklong September party in Vegas leading up to a game against UNLV!
    Yah, I don't know............it's still kind of hot there in September...............and the twinkling lights keep me up at night.............and there are never enough nickel slots.............and the chances of being tempted into eternal damnation are very high.................and they always run out of prime rib at the buffet.............and then, to top it off, I'd probably end up baby-sitting and bailing-out BisonVet the whole freaking time there!

I'm just not sure it would be worth it.