Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

I am willing to up the ante. If we get Georgia Tech, first round at the Clermont is on me.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I had to do a triple take on that one. And yep there are 2 gators blocking each other.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    The best video with that play. Worth the 50 seconds.

As a proud NDSU alumnus from western ND, I resent this anti-west elitism that sometimes surfaces from Fargo and Grand Forks. The RRV has its two universities, isn't that good enough without trying to suck the life out of the colleges that try to survive on the scraps your politicians throw out west once in awhile. The smaller colleges do not hurt NDSU so get over it. NDSU has had steady growth for many years. Compare NDSU's facilities to those of the smaller colleges....if anything, more emphasis should go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    As a proud NDSU alumnus from western ND, I resent this anti-west elitism that sometimes surfaces from Fargo and Grand Forks. The RRV has its two universities, isn't that good enough without trying to suck the life out of the colleges that try to survive on the scraps your politicians throw out west once in awhile. The smaller colleges do not hurt NDSU so get over it. NDSU has had steady growth for many years. Compare NDSU's facilities to those of the smaller colleges....if anything, more emphasis should go elsewhere.
    Its not elitism - at least not from me. There is a drain of resources to have so many colleges and universities supporting such a small population. For example, Wyoming has one college/university. You are wrong when it says it doesn't hurt NDSU. It hurts all of the colleges and universities in the system because they are all fighting for the same pool of money. It also hurts the students for the same reason and it hurts the tax payers for having to fund the same admin functions for all the entities.

From my perspective, it has nothing to do with east vs west. Honestly, the first I would close would be Mayville. You can move UND to Dickinson if you feel it is about geography. It is about providing the best level of education while being a good steward of taxpayer money.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Its not elitism - at least not from me. There is a drain of resources to have so many colleges and universities supporting such a small population. For example, Wyoming has one college/university. You are wrong when it says it doesn't hurt NDSU. It hurts all of the colleges and universities in the system because they are all fighting for the same pool of money. It also hurts the students for the same reason and it hurts the tax payers for having to fund the same admin functions for all the entities.

From my perspective, it has nothing to do with east vs west. Honestly, the first I would close would be Mayville. You can move UND to Dickinson if you feel it is about geography. It is about providing the best level of education while being a good steward of taxpayer money.
    Why not move NDSU to Dickinson? Oh wait, it's not about geography! Why do you ignore the taxpayer cost of reciprocity?

Why not move NDSU to Dickinson? Oh wait, it's not about geography! Why do you ignore the taxpayer cost of reciprocity?
    Well, clearly, since I care about taxpayer funds, I was clearly being facetious since it would be cost prohibitive to establish the infrastructure to move either NDSU or UND across the state. But for my example, I honestly don't care, send NDSU to Dickinson.

I'm sorry, when did the discussion turn to reciprocity?

You really need to step away from the ledge because I think you are inferring a lot of things from the comments that you read that really are not there.

I would have to agree with some of this. It is not an east vs west either. The overhead to operate all the university/colleges in this state is high. Building on all campuses are in need of updates or improvements. The State is asking for budget cuts on operating these campuses. What are you going to do for the infrastructure within the campuses? Where does it make the most sense to put your state dollars to work? I do not have the answer for that but it is a discussion that needs to happen. Small towns are debating about building new K-12 schools because the current building are 50+ years old and in poor shape. There has been a lack for looking into the future for a lot of things in ND. That day is upon us now and there is a lot of fixing to do. Where is the best bang for the buck (no Izzzie reference either). The leadership at the State level over the past 50 years has let this State down and the current ones in office are looking so short term the problems will mostly likely continue.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Something tells me this is a personal belief not based on any facts or research...just what you want to believe. If anything, it sounds like a bias against the RRV. I propose North Dakota closes UND and distributes the funds to the rest...everybody is happy.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you close Mayville St, that money is not going to NDSU or UND. It will follow the students that would have gone to Mayville and they aren't looking for a large(r) state school to learn their trade. They are kids from smaller towns throughout the region who are looking to get a teaching degree and move back to smaller towns throughout the region. CA said it about as good as anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It's actually the other way around. UND and NDSU simply had to have a teachers' program to duplicate Mayville, Vally, Minot, and Dickinson. Those programs should be shut down at NDSU & UND. The facilities are already in place at the smaller campuses...places that have proven to run very efficiently, saving students a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    If you close Mayville St, that money is not going to NDSU or UND. It will follow the students that would have gone to Mayville and they aren't looking for a large(r) state school to learn their trade. They are kids from smaller towns throughout the region who are looking to get a teaching degree and move back to smaller towns throughout the region. CA said it about as good as anyone can.
    To clarify, I am not suggesting (and never have) that NDSU will be the sole beneficiary of any closures. I am saying from my perspective, the number of colleges and universities that North Dakota has is excessive and drains resources. Our system needs major changes to be efficient. I actually thought Sharvani's (spelling) suggestions were appropriate to create tiers of with the system.

Can you help me understand if DSU's role is to educate future teachers to be dispersed to small towns in ND, why do they have an international program bringing in students from China?