Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Default Re: 2018 Schedule: FBS Team

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Not true...Valley offers el Ed on the NDSU campus in a double degree program with HDFS....the NDSU/Valley majors are probably 25% of Valley's total enrollment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or tie in with VCSU point is they don't offer the entire thing thru strictly NDSU....

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Or tie in with VCSU point is they don't offer the entire thing thru strictly NDSU....
    True, but it's pretty seemless for the students...

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It's actually the other way around. UND and NDSU simply had to have a teachers' program to duplicate Mayville, Vally, Minot, and Dickinson. Those programs should be shut down at NDSU & UND. The facilities are already in place at the smaller campuses...places that have proven to run very efficiently, saving students a lot of money.
    I'm with CaBisonFan on this one.

It was set up this way for a reason.
    Kinda like an inefficiency at the office and when I ask why we are doing that-->"because it's always been done that way."

Not directed at you, was just segue to what my thoughts were on subject.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, but please explain why teacher education will die in ND if this would happen. Faith based colleges and universities offer very fine teacher education curriculums...........just don't see the logic. Teacher ed courses/requirements are mandated by the legislature/DPI and that would not change or be altered.........it is just the funding component that is different.
    A bit of hyperbole based on the incompetence of the people running the programs at NDSU. Fire them and hire the people at Mayville and/or VCSU and there's hope.

Anyway, my daughter is under contract for the remainder of this school year. Got her degree and license in 9 semesters. 4.0 using LRSC for first 2 years. Saved between 16 and 20k vs attending NDSU.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Correct. That is the point. Some students want to attend NDSU for their education. At least there is a way for them to do so. Although, after hearing Northern's assessment I have a hard time recommending it. We went through orientation and admissions a couple years ago and everything went competently. It does sound like some firings would be in order in the teacher education dept as it cost them at least one student (customer) that we know about and that usually means there are many more. It always irks me dealing with people who won't do their jobs.

Does the tri-college still exist? My wife graduated from NDSU but rode the bus over to Moorhead State to get her education courses.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Does the tri-college still exist? My wife graduated from NDSU but rode the bus over to Moorhead State to get her education courses.
    https://www.ndsu.edu/registrar/registration/tricollege/

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Correct. That is the point. Some students want to attend NDSU for their education. At least there is a way for them to do so. Although, after hearing Northern's assessment I have a hard time recommending it. We went through orientation and admissions a couple years ago and everything went competently. It does sound like some firings would be in order in the teacher education dept as it cost them at least one student (customer) that we know about and that usually means there are many more. It always irks me dealing with people who won't do their jobs.
    Northern's talking about the secondary ed program...elementary is completely separate...