Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: conf Champion

Default Re: conf Champion

Scenarios we need to get the #1 seed....

1. We beat Omaha and Yotes lose to IUPUI obviously

2. Yotes win, we win, SDSU wins, and WIU beats Fort Wayne

Any other scenario and the Yotes get the top seed.

For example if SDSU wins, we win, the Yotes win and Fort Wayne wins...They get the #1 seed because of sweeping IUPUI, one of the scenarios where it is better to have lost to the last place team then instead to the 7th place team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am curious to see how the 3-7 seeds play out. There is a possibility that Omaha, Fort Wayne, Denver, SDSU, and IUPUI could all finish with 8-8 records. Talk about a mess for tiebreakers.

Omaha (8-7) vs. NDSU (11-4)
    SDSU (7-8) vs. Denver (8-7)
    IUPUI (7-8) vs. USD (11-4)
    WIU (#8 Seed locked, 5-10) vs. Fort Wayne (7-8)

Hope we can avoid SDSU. Very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, especially if they are your rival...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Hope we can avoid SDSU. Very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, especially if they are your rival...
    I would agree with this statement. If we meet them on Monday (assuming both win) they will be on a back to back situation. If we would not meet with until the finals that will be third game in a row for them and I am not sure DAUM can carry them three straight days for as much as they rely on them. Either way the conference tourney is about as wide open as it can get. a 7 and 8 seed could make the finals.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Every year we get people on here who get excited when we lose on the road and the ones that follow basketball remind everyone how hard it is to win on the road in basketball. Here are the stats of conference losses in the summit this year. Every team in the Summit has more road losses than home losses.

Team # Home Losses # Road Losses
    NDSU 1 3
    USD 1 3
    Denver 3 4
    Omaha 3 4
    Fort Wayne 3 5
    SDSU 2 6
    IUPUI 3 5
    Western 4 6
    Oral Roberts 5 7

So, where will SDSU end up? I really need them to be seeded 3-6 to be able to unload some tickets on Sunday......

Fort Wayne might end up the 7 seed....that's a team id hate to play 1st round.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, where will SDSU end up? I really need them to be seeded 3-6 to be able to unload some tickets on Sunday......
    If they win, they'll likely play on Sunday.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Here's a screen cap Kolpack posted on twitter of a spreadsheet the Summit League office sent out that covers every scenario for the 4 games on Saturday. I believe there are 16 total possible scenarios so this screen cap cuts off the last 5.

So of the 11 scenarios covered in the above pic NDSU is the #1 seed in 3 of them and USD is the #1 seed in the other 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Here's a screen cap Kolpack posted on twitter of a spreadsheet the Summit League office sent out that covers every scenario for the 4 games on Saturday. I believe there are 16 total possible scenarios so this screen cap cuts off the last 5.

So of the 11 scenarios covered in the above pic NDSU is the #1 seed in 3 of them and USD is the #1 seed in the other 8.
    I like option 6th the best.