Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Athletics Budget Cuts

Default Re: Athletics Budget Cuts

Loving the butthurt on the HYB about this...They just can't understand why NDSU actually has a plan and our sky isn't falling.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

This has always been the case. NDSU does more with less. UND is so convinced of its own exceptionalism that it does things poorly.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Teammakers should be able to cover that with increased teammakers donations from the Shac much less slight increased at the dome. We could actually cover the cost with the non revenue sports just by getting some fans to the games. I'm talking the softball, baseball, wrestling, and ladies basketball of the world's. Heck Bison 1660 radio advertising gives 30% of gross revenue

I'll be slightly increasing my donation, hopefully everyone else does too.
    I don't know the numbers of any of the sports in regards to revenue, but I do know that wrestling actually brings in money based on a conversation I had with a friend in the AD. I don't how much, but they are actually operating in the "black." I also don't know if our Junior/Cadet Nationals is included in wrestling's budget, which might be the reason why they are operating in the black.

Then again, UNI has two of our events that combined, are similar in size to the one in the FargoDome, and they still can't get their crap together and keep wrestling from being on the chopping block.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I don't know the numbers of any of the sports in regards to revenue, but I do know that wrestling actually brings in money based on a conversation I had with a friend in the AD. I don't how much, but they are actually operating in the "black." I also don't know if our Junior/Cadet Nationals is included in wrestling's budget, which might be the reason why they are operating in the black.

Then again, UNI has two of our events that combined, are similar in size to the one in the FargoDome, and they still can't get their crap together and keep wrestling from being on the chopping block.
    Is not the wrestling at NDSU in the black because they have their scholarships endowed (settle down Izzy)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Is not the wrestling at NDSU in the black because they have their scholarships endowed (settle down Izzy)?
    Could be. I know Bucky started the Endowment Program way before I got there in the Fall of 1995. Why it is in the black is something I don't know, but I was happily surprise to learn that it was. I had always assumed it lost money for the AD like just about every other wrestling programs does. Not too many programs can draw consistently like Iowa and Penn State.

Hail the BISON!!!

Wrestling still has a ton of opportunity to drive some money to the athletic department. If they could equal the Iowa State attendance it could probably generate some revenue. Heck getting a full Big 12 schedule will be huge.

Iowa State - 1,371
    Bison Open -518
    Northern Colorado - 452
    Boise —491
    Utah Valley - 795

The programs that are really killing us and have potential would be...

WOMENS BASKETBALL 2016-17 ATTENDANCE
    Bemidji State (Exhibition) 680
    Dickinson State - 1082
    Colorado - 683
    Western Michigan - 322
    UND 1319
    Mayville - 312
    SDSU - 1107
    USD - 610
    Fort Wayne - 638
    Denver - 438
    IUPUI - 957

ATTENDANCE AVERAGE LAST YEAR
    North Dakota 16 24,775 1,548
    North Dakota St. 14 8,898 636
    South Dakota 18 41,991 2,333
    South Dakota St. 15 35,716 2,381

So let's say we drew as well as UND, who was the 2nd worst out of the 4 Dakota schools. How much revenue would an extra 15,857 tickets generate? ($10 each, $158K)
    Or lets say we equaled SDSU... an extra 26,818 x $10= $268,180

Or how about getting fans out to watch the baseball team?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Does NDSU market wrestling out to the school that have programs. Get some youth and coaches to show up at matches. Just to help with overall interest for the program.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wrestling still has a ton of opportunity to drive some money to the athletic department. If they could equal the Iowa State attendance it could probably generate some revenue. Heck getting a full Big 12 schedule will be huge.

Iowa State - 1,371
    Bison Open -518
    Northern Colorado - 452
    Boise —491
    Utah Valley - 795

The programs that are really killing us and have potential would be...

WOMENS BASKETBALL 2016-17 ATTENDANCE
    Bemidji State (Exhibition) 680
    Dickinson State - 1082
    Colorado - 683
    Western Michigan - 322
    UND 1319
    Mayville - 312
    SDSU - 1107
    USD - 610
    Fort Wayne - 638
    Denver - 438
    IUPUI - 957

ATTENDANCE AVERAGE LAST YEAR
    North Dakota 16 24,775 1,548
    North Dakota St. 14 8,898 636
    South Dakota 18 41,991 2,333
    South Dakota St. 15 35,716 2,381

So let's say we drew as well as UND, who was the 2nd worst out of the 4 Dakota schools. How much revenue would an extra 15,857 tickets generate? ($10 each, $158K)
    Or lets say we equaled SDSU... an extra 26,818 x $10= $268,180

Or how about getting fans out to watch the baseball team?
    Dang, I didn't know the Women's Basketball program was drawing that bad. When I was there, they were the show outside of Football. Every home game, it seemed like the BSA was hosting a rock concert. Hope they turn that around soon.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Does NDSU market wrestling out to the school that have programs. Get some youth and coaches to show up at matches. Just to help with overall interest for the program.
    Honestly, I don't know. If you ask that question on the Wrestling Forum, Coach Garnett will be able to answer though. In regards to youth wrestlers, I believe they do have a program due to seeing a lot of younger wrestlers from the area wearing "Bison" related singlets at our National tournaments.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Dang, I didn't know the Women's Basketball program was drawing that bad. When I was there, they were the show outside of Football. Every home game, it seemed like the BSA was hosting a rock concert. Hope they turn that around soon.
    It was big in my younger days too. What's scary is the other 3 Dakota schools are killing it in attendance. No reason why a program that had been successful in the past can't do way better in an awesome new facility

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com