Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Athletics Budget Cuts

Default Re: Athletics Budget Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It was big in my younger days too. What's scary is the other 3 Dakota schools are killing it in attendance. No reason why a program that had been successful in the past can't do way better in an awesome new facility
    When I was in college and the talk of moving to DI was brought up, I always thought the Women's Basketball program would be able to make the transition fairly easy. Would the current squad be able to compete with the power teams of the 90's?

I know for the first couple of years of the transition, the wrestling team would have struggled with the National Championship teams we had during my time. Of course it helped that we had a few guys (Saxlund, Fuller and Severson) that were DI All-American material.
    Hail the BISON!!!

RAISE THE STUDENT ACTIVITY FEES. LAST IN SUMMIT/MVFC

its $12.54/credit or $150/semester for 12+ credits for activity fee increase that to $200/semester and thats an extra $1.5 MILLION a year for NDSU athletics.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    When I was in college and the talk of moving to DI was brought up, I always thought the Women's Basketball program would be able to make the transition fairly easy. Would the current squad be able to compete with the power teams of the 90's?

I know for the first couple of years of the transition, the wrestling team would have struggled with the National Championship teams we had during my time. Of course it helped that we had a few guys (Saxlund, Fuller and Severson) that were DI All-American material.
    One of DeHoffs teams lost to an average D2 team in Alaska by 20... So probably not

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Dean on wday this morning. lots of cuts to staff & not filling open jobs.

my question to the show was " Why the HELL cant the state of ND use some of that $6 BILLION rainy day fund to assist the higher ed?"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    One of DeHoffs teams lost to an average D2 team in Alaska by 20... So probably not
    Hail the BISON!!!

My guess we will see a price increase in ticket sales and be asked to donate more. Only 4,000 people would need to donate an extra $100.00.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    My guess we will see a price increase in ticket sales and be asked to donate more. Only 4,000 people would need to donate an extra $100.00.
    There should be something. Low end of TM fees for football could be raised. Only $25 a seat required there is room there as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Add 5.00 to each FB ticket would raise $540,000.00. Tickets are pretty cheap right now.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There should be something. Low end of TM fees for football could be raised. Only $25 a seat required there is room there as well.
    Especially when most other people pay way more than that, even for average seats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com