Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oral Roberts 2/22

Default Oral Roberts 2/22

Need to keep winning to keep our chances of winning a conference title. This is ORU's last game they will play this season as they will not be in Sioux Falls. Playing in an empty venue against a team that will leave it all on the line is a dangerous combo. Need to come out hot and dominate a last place team.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Oral Roberts 2/22

Senior night for a team that knows it's their seniors last game of college basketball. Going to be a tough place to go in and get a win but if we do we lock up a top 2 seed in the tournament and get the ever important day off. Let's contain Owens and get this W!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Senior night for a team that knows it's their seniors last game of college basketball. Going to be a tough place to go in and get a win but if we do we lock up a top 2 seed in the tournament and get the ever important day off. Let's contain Owens and get this W!
    I thought we already have a 2 seed locked up.

This is a very possible trap game, we don't control our own destiny and need help to get the 1, road games are always tough now throw in a opponent who can either lay it all on the line knowing they have absolutely nothing to lose or they could just give the old we don't give a shit anymore. Coach needs to have our guys ready to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I thought we already have a 2 seed locked up.

This is a very possible trap game, we don't control our own destiny and need help to get the 1, road games are always tough now throw in a opponent who can either lay it all on the line knowing they have absolutely nothing to lose or they could just give the old we don't give a shit anymore. Coach needs to have our guys ready to go!!!
    Yeah, the Bison and USD are locked into the top 2 seeds. Denver is the only team that can catch them and Denver got swept by USD whereas NDSU split with USD and that'll be the first tie breaker they go to after the head-to-head split between NDSU and Denver.

I don't think there's much of an advantage to be #1 or #2 as far as the tournament path goes. #1 probably has to face IPFW in the semis which could very well be a tougher task than having to face Denver or SDSU in the other semi. The obvious advantage of #1 though is the automatic bid into the NIT if they don't win the thing down in Sioux Falls.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, the Bison and USD are locked into the top 2 seeds. Denver is the only team that can catch them and Denver got swept by USD whereas NDSU split with USD and that'll be the first tie breaker they go to after the head-to-head split between NDSU and Denver.

I don't think there's much of an advantage to be #1 or #2 as far as the tournament path goes. #1 probably has to face IPFW in the semis which could very well be a tougher task than having to face Denver or SDSU in the other semi. The obvious advantage of #1 though is the automatic bid into the NIT if they don't win the thing down in Sioux Falls.
    Oh perfect, I didn't realize we held the tie-breaker for the 2 seed. In that case let's just get a couple wins this week to carry some momentum into the tourney!

It is the Summit league. No dominant teams. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Quality league, a lot of depth. Expect a tight game.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

NDSU only favored by 2

Need a quick start, get them down early and keep them down.

I hope to see a much better defensive effort.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    It is the Summit league. No dominant teams. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Quality league, a lot of depth. Expect a tight game.
    If you CANNOT beat the TEAM THAT CANT QUALIFY FOR THE SUMMIT TOURNEY... THEN DONT EVEN GOTO SIOUX FALLS IM SORRY, IM PUTTING $300 on NDSU, CRUSH THEM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I am sure the guys are going to be intimidated tonight in front of the "3000" fans that they report in box score each game. I do believe they count attendance by counting the number of toes present.