Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Oral Roberts 2/22

Default Re: Oral Roberts 2/22

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Official attendance: 3,182
    Was at the game, maybe 600-800 tops. Many empty seats both ends covered with black tarp except for pep band. AJ plays a vital role on defense, on offense he needs to shoot when he is open. He passed up open looks with time on the clock. He took several late on the shot clock. He is a class act all the way. He needs to gain some confidence by playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Agree. Everyone complains when he's not aggressive enough, passing up shots and not looking to score. Then he gets scorched for shooting too much? Which is it? Take the good with the bad and support him. He works as hard as anyone on this team and we need him if we're going to win in Sioux Falls.
    I like his aggressive play but I'd like him to attack more...he needs to be more than just a three point shooter.

Get some shots closer to the basket and maybe some free throws might help build some confidence for his jumper.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Great battle last night, never should have gotten that close but we went cold on offense and still found a way to get a road win so I'll take it. AJ is a solid player and normally a great 3 pt shooter and when he is on he is deadly, unfortunately he's only been on about 30% of the games this year for some reason. I would have liked to seen either Deng or Samuelson get a few more minutes in his place, who just depending on who ORU had on the floor for us to match up with. With AJ that off he wasn't helping on offense so heading into the tourney it would've been nice to get one of those two guys some extra playing time and confidence boost. Confidence though is the reason I don't think Dave pulled AJ, he didn't want him getting down on himself heading into the tourney and left him on the floor to try to shoot out of it. 2-10 from 3 is rough but we won. On to Omaha to try to claim at least a share of the conference title! Going to be a Western Illinois fan tonight that's for sure.

This is hyperbole, He's shooting 44% from three this season. Has he been the model of consistency? No. But you don't shoot it 40+% from beyond the arc if you aren't effective 70% of the time.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.