Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lacrosse

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Lacrosse

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Eventually but you want your donors to give to programs that have a good ROI. As of now that would be basketball which has the facilities and product to generate Teammakers dues. I also think we can focus on making sports like women's basketball and wrestling lose less money. We're in the Big 12 (with a full Big 12 schedule coming) , have a new arena, and Fargo hosts USA Wrestling. Women's basketball is an epic failure as far as attendance when you look at how well the other Dakota schools draw.

Heck I'm even skeptical about spending too much on a softball stadium since some games we draw like 40 people and weather sucks this time of year and we only have 9 home games on the schedule. We need upgrades big time but I hope we don't over spend.

The upside to Lacrosse is we don't have much going on in the spring for men's sports so there is a void. But if you are going to do lacrosse, you need to spend some money on a stadium. We can't half ass it. At this point in time, Lacrosse would probably draw better than softball
    I hear you on most of this, but you don't need to spend anything on a stadium. The Dacotah bubble would do for inclement weather (all lax teams in the upper midwest do this) and you can use the soccer field for outdoor games. All you'd have to do is stripe it for both. Done deal. Most lax programs share their field with another sport. VERY few have dedicated lax fields.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Your son was obviously kicking their ass if they had a long pole at FO to counter him. Nice work!!!
    He was. He wasn't recruited as fogo(actually attack) but underclassman from last year didnt' come back and freshmen they recruited got hurt in January. He did some faceoffs in high school and we happened to have tim fallon who played at Hartford in college and Charlotte Hounds in MLL live in Charleston and coach on his club team and worked with him. Started out slow but as season has gone he has gotton better (49.2% for season). Probably now is he has sprained ac joint in his shoulder and shoulder is dead by end of game.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    He was. He wasn't recruited as fogo(actually attack) but underclassman from last year didnt' come back and freshmen they recruited got hurt in January. He did some faceoffs in high school and we happened to have tim fallon who played at Hartford in college and Charlotte Hounds in MLL live in Charleston and coach on his club team and worked with him. Started out slow but as season has gone he has gotton better (49.2% for season). Probably now is he has sprained ac joint in his shoulder and shoulder is dead by end of game.
    No shocker to hear he has a jacked up shoulder. Those guys take a beating.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

NDSU at St. John's in Collegeville this Thursday night @7pm. Good game if you can make it. Another check to see if this years team is going to make a run.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

NDSU at St. John's in Collegeville this Thursday night @7pm. Good game if you can make it. Another check to see if this years team is going to make a run.
    Bison win 14-13....

Bison win 14-13....
    Saw it in person. First half was HIDEOUS. Boys didn't look good. 10 man ride tightened up in the second half and the change in goalie seemed to spark the troops. Long pole at the faceoff for us was tremendous. Kid has quick hands and plays some good D!

From a fan standpoint, it was about 80% NDSU fans. Good crowd.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Saw it in person. First half was HIDEOUS. Boys didn't look good. 10 man ride tightened up in the second half and the change in goalie seemed to spark the troops. Long pole at the faceoff for us was tremendous. Kid has quick hands and plays some good D!

From a fan standpoint, it was about 80% NDSU fans. Good crowd.
    So NDSU has pretty good following.....

Gotta say, it was way more than I expected to be there!

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Interest in the sport must be growing in the area....

The fan interest in Lacrosse seems to be greater than baseball or softball. And these guys aren't even playing at the highest level.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com