Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lacrosse

Default Re: 2017 Lacrosse

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    $$$$$$$$ and good coaching.

I haven't heard anything about them going DIII. I think they're pretty happy being the cream of the crop where they are. Plus they have good existing rivalries with St. Johns in all sports.
    don't they wan to see how they rank in DIII and have a chance championship weekend in Baltimore or Foxboro?

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think they'd get rolled in D3. There are some VERY heavy hitter schools that play at that level. Plus the local D3 competition is quite limited, so they'd have to travel a lot more.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

I think they'd get rolled in D3. There are some VERY heavy hitter schools that play at that level. Plus the local D3 competition is quite limited, so they'd have to travel a lot more.
    Yes I know, son plays DIII in Philadelphia (Eastern University) and is played a pretty high level. Since they have money , thought they might go next level as they dominate the club level.

I'm sure they looked into it, but it's a pretty big jump in competition.

If anything, they could go D1 in MCLA and probably do just fine.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    How has St Thomas been able to build a such a good program? Are they thinking of going NCAA DIII?
    $$$$$$$$ and good coaching.

I haven't heard anything about them going DIII. I think they're pretty happy being the cream of the crop where they are. Plus they have good existing rivalries with St. Johns in all sports.
    Raising money for Lacrosse would be tough right now since its not a real popular sport yet and we still need to spend way more on the scholarship programs. Heck were going to need to raise money for a new softball stadium, Indoor Practice facility for football, increase spending on recruiting, and try to give all of our coaches raises while seeing less state funding.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Raising money for Lacrosse would be tough right now since its not a real popular sport yet and we still need to spend way more on the scholarship programs. Heck were going to need to raise money for a new softball stadium, Indoor Practice facility for football, increase spending on recruiting, and try to give all of our coaches raises while seeing less state funding.
    Understand but I know eventually the sport will become more popular in the area(heck it has hockey, basketball even a little football aspects in the game) and an AD who knows the game very well. Be neat to see it added someday when it does become more popular.

I know Grand forks and Fargo have lacrosse clubs but noticed Bismarck now has one (since 2014) and looks like their is a lot of interest. At least it is starting to grow in state in east and central part of State.

Since I mentioned it, I thought i post a highlight clip most recent Eastern U game they won 8-7 3 OT.. My son is the fogo.. highlight clip is on top of page.

http://www.goeasterneagles.com/news/...aspx?path=mlax

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Understand but I know eventually the sport will become more popular in the area(heck it has hockey, basketball even a little football aspects in the game) and an AD who knows the game very well. Be neat to see it added someday when it does become more popular.
    Eventually but you want your donors to give to programs that have a good ROI. As of now that would be basketball which has the facilities and product to generate Teammakers dues. I also think we can focus on making sports like women's basketball and wrestling lose less money. We're in the Big 12 (with a full Big 12 schedule coming) , have a new arena, and Fargo hosts USA Wrestling. Women's basketball is an epic failure as far as attendance when you look at how well the other Dakota schools draw.

Heck I'm even skeptical about spending too much on a softball stadium since some games we draw like 40 people and weather sucks this time of year and we only have 9 home games on the schedule. We need upgrades big time but I hope we don't over spend.

The upside to Lacrosse is we don't have much going on in the spring for men's sports so there is a void. But if you are going to do lacrosse, you need to spend some money on a stadium. We can't half ass it. At this point in time, Lacrosse would probably draw better than softball

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Your son was obviously kicking their ass if they had a long pole at FO to counter him. Nice work!!!

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012