Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lacrosse

Default Re: 2017 Lacrosse

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The fan interest in Lacrosse seems to be greater than baseball or softball. And these guys aren't even playing at the highest level.
    It is a fun sport to watch...elements of football, basketball, hockey on a soccer field makes it fun to watch in person and on tv... Football, basketball and hockey are pretty popular sports in area so it doesn't surprise me lacrosse is becoming more popular.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    It is a fun sport to watch...elements of football, basketball, hockey on a soccer field makes it fun to watch in person and on tv... Football, basketball and hockey are pretty popular sports in area so it doesn't surprise me lacrosse is becoming more popular.
    If it had been in the area as long as some of those sports, it would be more popular, but I still don't think to the extent of any of those sports. That being said, it's a hell of a good time to watch! And if you ever hear a hockey goalie bitch about how hard their position is, have them play lacrosse goalie. They'll shut up in a hurry.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    If it had been in the area as long as some of those sports, it would be more popular, but I still don't think to the extent of any of those sports. That being said, it's a hell of a good time to watch! And if you ever hear a hockey goalie bitch about how hard their position is, have them play lacrosse goalie. They'll shut up in a hurry.
    No kidding...

Bison fall to the Tommies in a tough loss 8-6 in the UMLC tournament semis.

Next game up is against Metro State in the MCLA National Tournament. Time listed is Pacific time.

Metro State vs NDSU
    Monday May 8th, 1:45pm, UC-Irvine Field 2

Metro State is 8-3 on the season.

Both NDSU and Metro State lost to common opponent Concordia-Irvine and beat Montana State.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Bison fall to the Tommies in a tough loss 8-6 in the UMLC tournament semis.

Next game up is against Metro State in the MCLA National Tournament. Time listed is Pacific time.

Metro State vs NDSU
    Monday May 8th, 1:45pm, UC-Irvine Field 2

Metro State is 8-3 on the season.

Both NDSU and Metro State lost to common opponent Concordia-Irvine and beat Montana State.
    steaming on MCLA website I assume...

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    steaming on MCLA website I assume...
    I would assume so, but it doesn't say anything online.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

I would assume so, but it doesn't say anything online.
    I checked today on MCLA website and it will be streamed...

these guys need some donations. Looks like they need 10k for trip and are at 2500 right now

Edit. Looks like they updated it yesterday saying they hit their goal but they obviously need a head start on future years.

https://www.gofundme.com/NDSUlax2017

Dear Parents, Supporters, and Fans,

The Bison Men’s Lacrosse team is headed back to the National Tournament in Orange, California this year. 2017 has proved to be an exciting year for the Bison, and have been ranked in the top 10 for the entirety of the season (spending most of that time in the top 5). The Bison are sure to have a great showing at the National Tournament, and aim to take the Championship Trophy back to Fargo. To do this, the Bison need your help.

While new practice facilities on the NDSU campus have given the Bison the privilege of practicing indoors this winter, they were expensive. Along with this expensive facility that we had the privilege to use, budget cuts within Student Activities affected our financial circumstances. Due to those new and unforeseen expenses and circumstances, the Bison are short of their financial goal. Also, because no team can know for sure that they are going to the National Tournament before April, budgeting and planning early on in the season for the trip is difficult. After all of this, the Bison are currently $10,000 behind on their Championship dreams.

This is where you can help the Bison win a National Championship. The Bison are currently asking for any type of donation—big or small—to help them accomplish their goals.

The Bison sincerely thank you for your support to the program, and ask you to consider partnering with them to make National Championship dreams come true.

GO BISON!
    https://www.gofundme.com/NDSUlax2017

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Don't forget, NDSU men's lacrosse in the national tournament today at 3:45 Central time.

http://mcla.us/news/2017/05/live-str...-round-11-a-m-

Go Bison.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Don't forget, NDSU men's lacrosse in the national tournament today at 3:45 Central time.

http://mcla.us/news/2017/05/live-str...-round-11-a-m-

Go Bison.
    Bison play Sierra Nevada at 8:45 CDT