Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
Eventually but you want your donors to give to programs that have a good ROI. As of now that would be basketball which has the facilities and product to generate Teammakers dues. I also think we can focus on making sports like women's basketball and wrestling lose less money. We're in the Big 12 (with a full Big 12 schedule coming) , have a new arena, and Fargo hosts USA Wrestling. Women's basketball is an epic failure as far as attendance when you look at how well the other Dakota schools draw.

Heck I'm even skeptical about spending too much on a softball stadium since some games we draw like 40 people and weather sucks this time of year and we only have 9 home games on the schedule. We need upgrades big time but I hope we don't over spend.

The upside to Lacrosse is we don't have much going on in the spring for men's sports so there is a void. But if you are going to do lacrosse, you need to spend some money on a stadium. We can't half ass it. At this point in time, Lacrosse would probably draw better than softball
I hear you on most of this, but you don't need to spend anything on a stadium. The Dacotah bubble would do for inclement weather (all lax teams in the upper midwest do this) and you can use the soccer field for outdoor games. All you'd have to do is stripe it for both. Done deal. Most lax programs share their field with another sport. VERY few have dedicated lax fields.