Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Western Illinois 2/18

Default Re: Western Illinois 2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I hate to see purchased tickets go unused. All season ticket holders need to make a better effort to get your tickets to others to use them. I have given my extra ticket to someone at the door just so they can get into the game. It does not matter to me if they sit by me. I even took friends to a game and we needed one more ticket and a guy standing there had an extra one and he gave it to us. Juat get tickets to someone that can use them. Also come prepared to cheer loud.
    I gotta ask this. If they were at the door wouldnt they have bought a ticket? So in effect they actually lost a ticket sale? But I get what you are saying.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Having an even number of teams and travel partners will make the schedule consistent, hopefully it'll go back to Thursday/Saturday which as has been stated is the plan. I think it will definitely help attendance knowing the games are always a specific night/afternoon. I know I play city league basketball Wednesday's so on the random Wednesday night games I might have to miss one or two here or there if my team is short players and I know other people have similar commitments so if I know going into the season that home games will be Thursdays and Saturdays it makes it real easy to plan to be available for those.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'll believe that when I see it.

I also don't agree that that rotation is going to help get significantly more fans to the game. People will find another excuse to not go.
    I personally like Wed/Sat rotation. No school events on wed night (yes there are church classes) and Saturday are generally afternoon. No competition from high school events with this schedule.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was lucky enough to have someone buy my Wednesday night tickets and I kept the Saturday tickets. Wednesday the kids have religion classes and we couldnt make it work, but we had people in our seats. Two games we couldnt get to due to life we gave the tickets away to coworkers and neighbors. I like the idea of season ticket packages for every other game.
    They didnt scan tickets this year. They just ripped em.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I gotta ask this. If they were at the door wouldnt they have bought a ticket? So in effect they actually lost a ticket sale? But I get what you are saying.
    Yes a ticket sale was lost but I got my ticket to someone that could use it. It did work out one night I had two extra and while eating at BWW offered up the two tickets no charge and got to guys that were not thinking of going to the game decided to go.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

With kids and other obligations thurs sat routine would help us out significantly. And seemed a couple "go to" games this year were Wed night. UND & SDSU to name a couple.