Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois 2/18

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Western Illinois 2/18

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I was at the game and very disappointed in the crowd involvement, especially the lame student section. I stood the entire game at the railing because the leg room in the seats is terrible. As for standing by most of the crowd, that only happened during the last couple trips up and down the court at the end of regulation and the OT's. Good crowd noise then, but absent anytime else when NDSU needed a boost (like when they started to trail WIU by more than a few points).
    The lame student section was due to low numbers, NDSU was closed for the three day holiday weekend. Don't judge the student section on this one game only, I've been at every home game and the student section as been far from lame.

The crowd has brought it lately and the last 4-5 home games have definitely been an NDSU home court advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    The lame student section was due to low numbers, NDSU was closed for the three day holiday weekend. Don't judge the student section on this one game only, I've been at every home game and the student section as been far from lame.

The crowd has brought it lately and the last 4-5 home games have definitely been an NDSU home court advantage.

ARE YOU BLIND? the STUDENT SECTION THIS ENTIRE SEASON HAS BEEN SO BEYOND PATHETIC THAT PERHAM HS HAS A BETTER ONE
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post

Our definitions of lame must be drastically different or we are not watching the same games.

NDSU has never had a strong student section outside of a handful of games. It's a football school and always will be and I don't think that's ever going to change from the students perspective.

people are creatures of habit, students got used to not going to bball games because they had no desire to travel to Scheel's arena. Now those kids are the upper classmen, they're going to have to motivate to get the students out again in full force imo. Still ones who do show up seem to have little interest in adding to the atmosphere for the 3 games I was at. (along with the rest of the crowd.)

This was still a great attendance year for NDSU. In fact the best in the D1 era and leads the Summit. I think the atmosphere will only get better.

Wish there could be a way season ticket holders who aren't going to a game could sell their tickets back to NDSU and have them available to the general public. Then the place would be packed in the lower bowl. Also, if you wanted to go to the game and looked online Saturday, the only tickets were way up top or way on the sides in the balcony, deterring people from showing up. Why pay for crappy seats.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I'm guessing businesses or big wigs have most of the empty courtside seats. Wonder if they could set something up to allow NDSU to sell those if left unoccupied. Not sure how they could know in advance but it sure seems like most of the same seats have been empty every game.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This was still a great attendance year for NDSU. In fact the best in the D1 era and leads the Summit. I think the atmosphere will only get better.
    I did not know that. Wednesday games don't work for me as I am out of the area on that day but made all the rest and made it to 3 women's games too.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I did not know that. Wednesday games don't work for me as I am out of the area on that day but made all the rest and made it to 3 women's games too.
    http://www.gobison.com/news/2017/2/1...n-2016-17.aspx