Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois 2/18

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Western Illinois 2/18

I wonder if the numbers are tickets sold or actual attendance. The bowl side behind the player benches was 60 percent or less for most games. People watching on tv would text me about crowd size when the other side was filled in the upper part.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Wish there could be a way season ticket holders who aren't going to a game could sell their tickets back to NDSU and have them available to the general public. Then the place would be packed in the lower bowl. Also, if you wanted to go to the game and looked online Saturday, the only tickets were way up top or way on the sides in the balcony, deterring people from showing up. Why pay for crappy seats.
    There is. Have a monitor at the entrances that shows unscanned tickets. 5 min before tip off sell general admission seats first come first serve seat yourself and pick an open seat. IF the ticket holder shows up during the game you move to other open seats or SRO. If none are available you leave and get your money back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wish there could be a way season ticket holders who aren't going to a game could sell their tickets back to NDSU and have them available to the general public. Then the place would be packed in the lower bowl. Also, if you wanted to go to the game and looked online Saturday, the only tickets were way up top or way on the sides in the balcony, deterring people from showing up. Why pay for crappy seats.
    Why would they buy back a paid seat not knowing somebody else will purchase it? They dont sell out now as there isnt a supply and demand issue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why would they buy back a paid seat not knowing somebody else will purchase it? They dont sell out now as there isnt a supply and demand issue.
    Incorrect pl there simply is not a demand isssue plenty of supply.... which in and of itself is a said date of affairs... the basketball team has been more successful then anyone would have ever predicted since the move up a short what 10 years ago
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I hate to see purchased tickets go unused. All season ticket holders need to make a better effort to get your tickets to others to use them. I have given my extra ticket to someone at the door just so they can get into the game. It does not matter to me if they sit by me. I even took friends to a game and we needed one more ticket and a guy standing there had an extra one and he gave it to us. Juat get tickets to someone that can use them. Also come prepared to cheer loud.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I walked up and bought tickets for the USD game, they were 3 rows from the top and sucked because half the scoreboard was obscured when sitting and completely blocked when standing.

I walked up for this game too, got row M section 202 which was actually pretty decent. It's not that big of a place, so long as you aren't in the top 5 rows or so or behind a pillar there really aren't any bad views.

I'm guessing we'll see fewer season ticket sales next year. When they don't show up for USD and SDSU I have to wonder why they bothered in the first place. Is the seating down there really that bad or did people just get overly excited for the new arena? It's not like there is just a few empties, it's dang near half. The demand is there to fill the lower bowl.

If you aren't going to use them, just donate that money instead so the lower bowl can fill up.

An issue that I know some people must face is the fact that the games aren't all on one day of the week. My dad has season tickets but can't always make the weeknight games because he works nights. He tries to get people to take his tickets if he can't make it (and actually converted his brother and sister in law to be season ticket holders for next year), but it's just not as easy as football. The guy bleeds green and gold, but when there's two games a week on and off for three months life can get in the way at times. Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    An issue that I know some people must face is the fact that the games aren't all on one day of the week. My dad has season tickets but can't always make the weeknight games because he works nights. He tries to get people to take his tickets if he can't make it (and actually converted his brother and sister in law to be season ticket holders for next year), but it's just not as easy as football. The guy bleeds green and gold, but when there's two games a week on and off for three months life can get in the way at times. Just something to think about.
    Life can sure get in the way. I think what bothers most is that the really nice seats are purchased by business (not all seats) and if the primary company person can not make the game you should or could find an employee or customer of the business to use the tickets. It is a great place to watch basketball. Next year the crowd will be even better.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Hopefully a good consequence of UND joining the Summit League and getting back to an even number of teams is we can get back to the Thursday/Saturday rotation for league games where each team either has two home games or two road games on Thursday/Saturday each week. I think that would help season ticket holders accommodate the schedule better rather than having some league games Wednesday, some Thursday, and some Saturday and sometimes splitting a home game with a road game within the same week.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Our definitions of lame must be drastically different or we are not watching the same games.
    Exactly, the student section is terrible. Sure they show up but the only ones making any noise is the pep band. The student section used to be awesome, stand the entire game, sit during timouts and at halftime only. When the opposing team is shooting free throws on that basket it's the perfect opportunity for them to be standing, yelling and acting as crazy as possible to distract the shooter but they just sit there and don't even cheer. They had yell leaders out at the Scheels arena for the 12 students that would show up there, why they aren't at these games I have no idea. Hopefully some students will make it to Sioux Falls and my crew and I will show them how it's done so they can bring it back next year.