Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois 2/18

Default Western Illinois 2/18

Last home game of the year, senior day, nice weather. No excuse for not coming out to this game. How could you not love the two seniors this year. Carlin is a guy who quit the team, realized what he did, then came back to prove himself. Will always be remembered in Bison basketball history for the free throws and floater layup in the overtime win vs Oklahoma in the NCAA tournament. Then there is Dex. I mean..what can you say about him. He represents everything that NDSU basketball and Bison Pride represents. A guy not many schools wanted. Just a local kid with North Dakota work ethic that busts his butt ever second he is on the floor. These two guys are easy to cheer for. Get your ass to the SHAC tomorrow and bring a friend!!
    Last edited by Bison03; 02-17-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: Western Illinois 2/18

Beyond it being Senior Day it's not hyperbole to say this is a must win game if the Bison want to secure the #1 seed or, at the very least, get a top 2 seed to get the extra day of rest between the quarters and semis of the tournament. The top 3 teams all have pretty light remaining schedules:

NDSU (9-4) is home vs WIU (5-8), at ORU (4-10), and at Omaha (7-7)
    USD (9-4) is home vs ORU (4-10), at WIU (5-8), and at IUPUI (5-8)
    Denver (8-5) is home vs IUPUI (5-8), home vs Omaha (7-7), and at SDSU (6-8)

USD is in the driver's seat for the tie breaker since they swept both Denver and Fort Wayne. However, that helps NDSU in their tie breaker against Denver (if it comes to that) since the Bison have a win over USD.

It is amazing how far these two have come in their journey at NDSU. Great young men ready to tackle the world when school and hoops are done. Thank you both for the memories over your time with NDSU Basketball. Once a Bison Always a Bison. Horns Up
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Seemed like yesterday that Carlin hit that big shot vs Oklahoma. Dexter has been fun to watch.

Carlin and Dex will be missed. Let's send them off right! GO BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Carlin and Dex will be missed. Let's send them off right! GO BISON!!!
    Need to get this win in the worst way. #2 seed is on the line. I doubt USD will lose for us to get back to a #1 seed.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Get your ass to the SHAC tomorrow and bring a friend!!
    Only because you commanded it...in + 8 family members.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Senior day...always a special day. Can't believe these two are already graduating.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

In +5

10 char

Can't get to Fargo for this one, but am going to Tulsa for my sendoff. They will be missed Seniors are always special. It's a big commitment for young person to make for important years in their lives. Great job by both of them. They have contributed alot to the Bison!