Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois 2/18

Default Re: Western Illinois 2/18

I do agree the intro video needs to go, basketball needs its own identity. We have creative video people, just let them go to town on something completely different and unique.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Leathernecks have improved from the last time we played them. I think tonight was the loudest I've heard it this year. Both seniors played a great game. The no call goal tending call was terrible. The poor lady that face planted into the cement floor earlier this year face planted into the floor again tonight. Poor lady.
    I felt terrible...I couldn't catch her. My wife almost did, though.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I felt terrible...I couldn't catch her. My wife almost did, though.
    That was you? I think you did slow down her fall. Then the guy across the aisle during one of the OT's sat down but missed his seat completely and smacked his head on the hand rail.
    Last edited by HerdBoy; 02-20-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Felt like a Summit Tourney game. Sometimes the other team gets hot and there's nothing you can do about it. Even with hands in their face. With about 5 min left or so, WIU was 10/13 from 3 and about 54% from the field. Covington has been a great player for 4 years. Loved yelling airball at him though lol. There were several times we tried letting this one get away, but somehow found a way. This team has grinded out plenty of wins the past few years. Hoping we can do it 3 times in SF.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a great way for those Seniors to end their career at the SHAC.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Has there been any comments yet from the officials themselves on the non-goaltending call? If not, the Summit League needs to release some sort of statement early next week either explaining their (mis)interpretation or admitting that it was a (horrendously) blown call.
    If the Summit League tries to justify the non-goaltending call, then Dave needs to implement a new defense: Big Dex stand under the basket, grab the net and pull during every shot attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    How the heck are people sitting down right now?
    Was at the game and most all were standing

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Was at the game and most all were standing
    I was at the game and very disappointed in the crowd involvement, especially the lame student section. I stood the entire game at the railing because the leg room in the seats is terrible. As for standing by most of the crowd, that only happened during the last couple trips up and down the court at the end of regulation and the OT's. Good crowd noise then, but absent anytime else when NDSU needed a boost (like when they started to trail WIU by more than a few points).

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I was at the game and very disappointed in the crowd involvement, especially the lame student section. I stood the entire game at the railing because the leg room in the seats is terrible. As for standing by most of the crowd, that only happened during the last couple trips up and down the court at the end of regulation and the OT's. Good crowd noise then, but absent anytime else when NDSU needed a boost (like when they started to trail WIU by more than a few points).
    It was fun at the end and in OT but you are right, the entire first half it was like a church in there. I remarked before that only about half the season ticket holders showed up, maybe 2/3, all those empty seats are an issue. Or maybe they were like you and standing around the top. I took a picture towards the end, almost all of corner sections 117 and 118 were still seated in the final minute.

Overall it reminds me of the early Fargodome days.

Getting better though. When Dex was shooting free throws you could hear a pin drop, then it would get loud on defense, that was pretty cool.

Both games I was at I sat in the 200 sections, leg room is fine there and so are the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    If the Summit League tries to justify the non-goaltending call, then Dave needs to implement a new defense: Big Dex stand under the basket, grab the net and pull during every shot attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think the Summit League tries to justify the calls, that's the officials if asked by the Summit League. Coach submits his "Report" to the Summit League which I believe they do after each game. I like have Big Dex just stand under the basket and pull down the net.
    ever game on all the officials.