Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois 2/18

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: Western Illinois 2/18

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They can start by repealing and replacing the lame into video. Thunderstruck is not a basketball song. Seems like a poor mans version of a football intro.
    Agree.

What about this one. They could play the music below while having a bunch of video shots of players (like Dex this year, for example) hitting the floor, diving for balls, maybe even a shot or two of blood on the elbows and knees……………………interspersed with a few shots of killer 3-pointers by Miller and others……………..and then maybe even a few videos of some verbal altercations on the court and/or shots of the crowd getting "into it" with a bad call or a cocky player.

I don't know if NDSU would ever be so bold as to do something like this, but I think the crowd would like it and respond to it.

(no purple, folks)

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Thanks, but found this tidbit in a most misunderstood basketball rules site.\
    http://www.sdhsaa.com/Portals/0/PDFs...tballRules.pdf

2. A player cannot touch the ball, ring, or net while the ball is on the ring or within the basket. A player cannot touch the ball if it is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring. These are examples of basket interference. It is legal to touch the ring or the net if the ball is above the ring and not touching the ring, even if the ball is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring. "It is legal to hang on the ring if a player is avoiding an injury to himself or herself or another player."

The part in quotes is probably what the official will use as the reasons it was not called. But why did only 1 official review it don't they usually have 2, and then call the 3rd in if they disagree.
    Pretty sure the quoted part is about a player hanging on the rim after a dunk, not allowing a defensive player and excuse for trying to knock the ball from going in.

It was goal tending no ifs and or buts about it. Should have been bucket and one.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Has there been any comments yet from the officials themselves on the non-goaltending call? If not, the Summit League needs to release some sort of statement early next week either explaining their (mis)interpretation or admitting that it was a (horrendously) blown call.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They can start by repealing and replacing the lame into video. Thunderstruck is not a basketball song. Seems like a poor mans version of a football intro.
    That and I would love to see NDSU basketball operate as more their own entity. I am about 100% NDSU doesn't devote as much marketing/operations/gameday experience people to men's bball as they do football. This is fine, but I would like to see a bigger push, especially considering our new arena and recent success as a program. Using Thunderstruck in the basketball intro has always just come off as riding Bison Football's coattails. Our men's program needs to create their own culture and part of that is using their own intro. They don't need to lean on football for interest and support.

Western Illinois probably played their A+ game. Have they played this well all season? Great win for the Bison, especially the seniors.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Western Illinois probably played their A+ game. Have they played this well all season? Great win for the Bison, especially the seniors.

They beat the Mastodons in Fort Wayne and had single digit loses to USD and Denver recently. Inconsistent at times but are probably peaking at the right time.

I think South Dakota is just a little better than everyone else, and then the second tier has probably like 4-6 teams that are interchangeable. NDSU could play well in the first round of the tournament and any one of those teams can get hot and beat them. Should be fun in Sioux Falls. Hopefully Standings stay as is and NDSU can avoid IPFW and USD until the final. Both those teams match up better and would have to be the favorites against NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Agree.

What about this one. They could play the music below while having a bunch of video shots of players (like Dex this year, for example) hitting the floor, diving for balls, maybe even a shot or two of blood on the elbows and knees……………………interspersed with a few shots of killer 3-pointers by Miller and others……………..and then maybe even a few videos of some verbal altercations on the court and/or shots of the crowd getting "into it" with a bad call or a cocky player.

I don't know if NDSU would ever be so bold as to do something like this, but I think the crowd would like it and respond to it.

(no purple, folks)

I've said the same time for basket ball to have its own identity
    My ideas still are new video new song...new band...maybe welcome to the jungle??... played when they come out of the locker room and moving the band over one section to increase student involvement
    TRUST THE PROCESS

If the tourney started today, WIU would be the 8 seed! Man..Sioux Falls is going to be crazy! Every game will be good. No other year in the past 8 years could you realistically see any team have a chance to win it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN