Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liberty to FBS Indy

Default Re: Liberty to FBS Indy

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Appy st georgia southern coastal unc charlotte liberty all to fbs.. Where is ndsu???

this is borderline pathetic. we are losing recruits (to wyo, new mexico, coastal etc) only cuz we arent fbs, coaches are going now (and Bohl) and the buzz around town just isnt the same anymore. thousands of ndsu fans DONT EVEN TRY to get tickets anymore since its impossible.

NDSU AD admitted on radio that we are stuck in the 3rd tier, does this guy not understand the WE ARE NOT STONY BROOK?? P5, G5, FCS (dont give me the bowl excuse, frisco in 38 degree weather on a soccer field isnt cool anymore)

He hasnt even called craig thompson of the mountain west. we'd be 7th in attendence and wouldnt they rather have a full house at 20k instead of 20k in a 40k stadium looking half empty?

oh heres another thing. NDSU is losing millions of dollars last few years, the city of fargo/dome rakes in the dollars that NDSU brought them

time to build a 42,000 on campus on practice fields. semi enclosed roof to keep out the wind. $150 million. find 4 companies to shell out $25mil each, they get thier own corner of stadium for products/advertising. raise $50mil by ndsu then NDSU KEEPS ALL REVENUE. screw the city and state of nd. .. they wont help NDSU so lets do it ourselves.

2020 home schedule = Boise St, Wyoming, Colorado st etc. better homes for all of our sports and you would get shared CFPlayoff money, more march madness money, more shared TV money, raise student fees as well.

time for NDSU & Fargo to flex our muscles, what happened to "bring on the competition!" lets get some fundraisers that have the balls to get more money

fcs is dead NDSU OWNS IT, hell we dominated it and we Subsidized it for the ncaa. frisco, sdsu, usd, uni und everything lives off of us, quit being whores, time to PIMP THIS RIDE!!
    Dude, I love your passion and I would like them to explore, but wow
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Laugh if you want but they were one of the best funded programs in FCS. JMU will be next....This is the 1990's all over again with the better funded programs moving up.
    Don't worry. Frisco texas is still the goal at hand

It will be interesting to see how this goes. Liberty wants to be the next Notre Dame, so this move it not really that surprising. Art Briles for HC anyone? Big gamble but they have the $$ to cover their butt if things head south.

As I said earlier, JMU is the program we should watch. If they move up I think we need to rethink our path, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Will be interesting to see how LU's schedule shakes out. Gotta believe it's going to be rough but they have plenty of money to buy home games. They are one of the few schools that can make an Indy situation work. Even more interesting is what happens with their other sports. I would think the Big South will boot them out, no?

The reality of all this is it is so difficult to know what NDSU should do.

On one had, it is completely legitimate to point out that the teams moving up are probably the ones making the mistake. And the reality is, P5 fans don't even know who G5 teams are outside of a very few. They are not treated that much better than FCS teams.

On the other, it is extremely concerning when well funded programs leave the division.

I just wish the P5 would make a move to help make NDSU's path more clear. The only thing I no for certain is the people who think this decision making is easy are the unwise ones.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this goes. Liberty wants to be the next Notre Dame, so this move it not really that surprising. Art Briles for HC anyone? Big gamble but they have the $$ to cover their butt if things head south.

As I said earlier, JMU is the program we should watch. If they move up I think we need to rethink our path, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Montana is the program we should watch. Because at the end of the day we are still a school with an enrollment comparable to St Cloud State University in the middle of nowhere.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't blame them. They've wanted to move up and they are following Coastal. I would imagine if other MVFC schools made the move we would follow just as if we moved they would follow.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Insiders are talking about this now. I'll post the show when they podcast it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Montana is the program we should watch. Because at the end of the day we are still a school with an enrollment comparable to St Cloud State University in the middle of nowhere.
    BINGO. I absolutely HATE admitting this, but we are just such on "odd duck." A state funded, land grant research university who's real peers largely play in P5 conferences, but with a relatively tiny enrollment. It is such a weird situation when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    enrollment means nothing, its support, and NDSU gets virtually zero in the relative terms of Major College from Donors and the State

lets face it, most kids leave NDSU and never give back, its just how it is and its robably not going to change
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant