Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
The reality of all this is it is so difficult to know what NDSU should do.

On one had, it is completely legitimate to point out that the teams moving up are probably the ones making the mistake. And the reality is, P5 fans don't even know who G5 teams are outside of a very few. They are not treated that much better than FCS teams.

On the other, it is extremely concerning when well funded programs leave the division.

I just wish the P5 would make a move to help make NDSU's path more clear. The only thing I no for certain is the people who think this decision making is easy are the unwise ones.
The reality is we do nothing. There isnt anything we can do until we get an invite. That invite might not be whats best for NDSU. We dont have the money anyway. But another note on that situation is we dont have a billion dollars to go Independent. We went that route once and had terrible luck getting teams to schedule us. Anyone think with us being independent teams would be lining up to sign us now? I have feeling that anyone who would sign us would be looking at playing at Their place for very little money. We would not be bargaining from a position of strength.

The only geographical footprint we have is our own and the Big Ten. The MAC as an outlier. Our location isnt the best. If we were in Ohio or Pa we we might not be having this conversation.

Enjoy what we have. If it happens it happens. I dont worry about it.