Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Ipfw 2/15

Default Re: Ipfw 2/15

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Outside of maybe USD (who is playing great) nobody in the SL has proven they can win 3 straight games. Going to be a wild tournament in Sioux Falls.
    Exactly. Every team in the top half of the Summit has had games where they were going to win no matter how the other team played. They have also had games where they were going to lose no matter how the other team played. Losses are part of college basketball...

Loss puts USD into the #1 seed spot, they own the tiebreakers.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    I just don't see this team being able to play three solid games in a row. I doubt they'll be able to win the tournament even if they hold onto the #1 seed.
    And who in this league shows that they are above and beyond everyone else and are guaranteed to win 3 in a row?? If I had the money and the time, I'd go enjoy 7 insanely competitive games in Sioux Falls. There is next to no difference between the 1 or 2 seeds and 7 or 8 and everyone in between.

ANyone watch the game - what happened?

How the F does IPFW shoot 20-40 from inside the 3 point line? Bad effort? Undisicplined? I think this is an issue for this team. It took NDSU playing the best game of their season against IPFW last time at home to barely win, and then get worked on the defensive end the 2nd time around.

USD has basically got any kind of look they wanted too against NDSU for 3 of the 4 halve's this year.

This team defense better get better figure it out by the conference tourney or they won't make it past the semifinals.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    ANyone watch the game - what happened?

How the F does IPFW shoot 20-40 from inside the 3 point line? Bad effort? Undisicplined? I think this is an issue for this team. It took NDSU playing the best game of their season against IPFW last time at home to barely win, and then get worked on the defensive end the 2nd time around.

USD has basically got any kind of look they wanted too against NDSU for 3 of the 4 halve's this year.

This team defense better get better figure it out by the conference tourney or they won't make it past the semifinals.
    We have split with Denver, SDSU, USD, IPFW which is OK imho. I don't like playing a team in the Summit tourney that we beat twice in the regular season. Beating a basketball team 3 timed in a season is tough. I like our chances. Win well they really count!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1993bison; 02-16-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    I just don't see this team being able to play three solid games in a row. I doubt they'll be able to win the tournament even if they hold onto the #1 seed.
    FW will be a tough out in SF. They are one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the country

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    We have split with Denver, SDSU, USD, IPFW which is OK imho. I don't like playing a team in the Summit tourney that we beat twice in the regular season. Beating a basketball team 3 timed in a season is tough. I like our chances. Win well they really count!

NDSU is a defensive oriented team that is getting lit up on the defensive side. Let's hope some of the good teams aren't hitting shots in Sioux Falls, because that may very well be too much for this team to overcome in a 1 game out scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post

One correction, replace SDSU with IUPUI. We beat SDSU twice. We split with IUPUI.

GRAFTONBISON is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure if I have ever seen a coaching staff as stubborn to not call a timeout to stop other team's runs?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Not sure if I have ever seen a coaching staff as stubborn to not call a timeout to stop other team's runs?
    Dave will hold onto timeout for the second half no matter what it seems like. I have noticed this for awhile. If you are getting blown out by 20, saving your timeouts will not help you down 20 at halftime. Yes last night was not that big of a deficit but it was the run that needed to stop or at least slowed.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.