Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Heck that is a change from where we have been this last year. With certain backs you knew dang well they were not going to run between the tackles and it was either a pass or a outside run and usually the outside run it was.
    Well, there you go. Now you have your man for calling plays.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Klieman clearly knows lots of coaches, and his selections often aren't people anyone would guess. The Messingham selection is a slight head scratcher being that his previous stops left lots to be desired. On the other hand, Klieman obviously really wanted him here as evidenced by that it was already apparently lined up when CP made his announcement. I'm also guessing that NDSU currently has far more to work with on offense than Messingham had at either ISU or MT St.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=ZHerd;1197790]Coach Klieman clearly knows lots of coaches, and his selections often aren't people anyone would guess. The Messingham selection is a slight head scratcher being that his previous stops left lots to be desired. On the other hand, Klieman obviously really wanted him here as evidenced by that it was already apparently lined up when CP made his announcement. I'm also guessing that NDSU currently has far more to work with on offense than Messingham had at either ISU or MT St.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is a little different situation than MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    One time I got to ask Messingham about why he called a particular play with particular players on the field in a particular situation. He essentially said that they didn't call plays based on who was on the field. They mostly just rotated players and called plays based on the situation but not the players. I thought that was a horrible answer, particularly because so many situations call for particular players (possession receivers, short yardage runners, etc.). Maybe he was just blowing me off. Or maybe he gave a really bad answer.
    Goes the other way as well. If an O over uses a play with certain players on the field they show their hand.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Her leash will be short! Courtney!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Apparently yes, but I'm arguing against those who say he's still too young. Guy actually has been coaching for quite awhile now. At the age of 31, he's only few years younger than what Tim Polasek was (34 I believe) when he got the OC job. Plus, Roehl has been in the NDSU system as a player and coach longer than Polasek was.
    I'm guessing Roehl was definitely under consideration but knowing the system and teaching/play calling out of the system are two very different things. There's a lot of nuances with playbook development and situational football and if Kleiman didn't think he was ready for the jump then that's the decision that was made. There's also the small chance Roehl himself didn't want to make the jump yet but knowing the competitor he is I can't say I can see that being the case. I trust Klieman so if he thinks this is the guy that's going to make our offense perform to the best of it's ability then I'm on board with it.

UND drones saying he is a bad coach because he was at bad programs is ridiculous. When a head coach is fired, so is most of the staff. And if they think that the talent he had last year on the field in Bozeman is anything close to what there is at NDSU, they are crazy. Bill Belichick might not have gotten the Bobcats to a winning record!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

The underlying theme over on YHB is NDSU is slipping and maybe we can catch them. Maybe they should just worry about getting better first. Barn swallow over is the worst for it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    UND drones saying he is a bad coach because he was at bad programs is ridiculous. When a head coach is fired, so is most of the staff. And if they think that the talent he had last year on the field in Bozeman is anything close to what there is at NDSU, they are crazy. Bill Belichick might not have gotten the Bobcats to a winning record!
    Bubba comes to mind with that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The underlying theme over on YHB is NDSU is slipping and maybe we can catch them. Maybe they should just worry about getting better first. Barn swallow over is the worst for it.
    Hail the BISON!!!