Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Heard the news about Messingham. Surely you guys know that he was one of the many failed OC's for Iowa State. At first, I was thinking that he might even have been OC for your game in Ames, but he was fired at the end of the preceding season. We didn't think much of Messingham. Of course, we didn't think much of Tom Hermann either (whom Messingham replaced). Hope he does well for you (except in the UNI games).
    Somehow, disliked UNI coaches who come to NDSU eventually become envied.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    We are pretty high right now on Matt Campbell and OC Tom Manning who came from Toledo. They are amazing recruiters who got the best class ever last year, even though only being hired right after Thanksgiving (and an even better one this year, loaded with big o-linemen and d-lineman). And even with terrible losses on the o-line early last season, they pulled it together and were doing a decent job by the end of the season.
    Just give them a few years and they will be disliked too.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Iowa State is such a shit program for so long I wouldn't really judge a coach by what happened there. Maybe the new regime will get that place turned around but I doubt it.

Time will tell if this is a good hire or not. I'm a bit concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Iowa State is such a shit program for so long I wouldn't really judge a coach by what happened there. Maybe the new regime will get that place turned around but I doubt it.

Time will tell if this is a good hire or not. I'm a bit concerned...
    Change in the football and mens basketball at NDSU is always good. That means we have been successful and coaches are getting new opportunities to coach elsewhere. But yes the fear of the unknown is always somewhat concerning.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Change in the football and mens basketball at NDSU is always good. That means we have been successful and coaches are getting new opportunities to coach elsewhere. But yes the fear of the unknown is always somewhat concerning.
    I'm just going by what he did with Montana State last year and what I've heard so far. I know it was his first year there and they had a new young QB to break in but going by some of the stats the passing game really struggled. He seems to like the shotgun formation which is hard to run a power west coast offense from IMO and one of the things I disliked about TP's play calling. I'd prefer we get back to our roots and run more I formations with the QB under center. Run more play action from that to hit big plays down field. Who knows maybe he is open to different offenses based on personnel and schemes. Might be a good fit, time will tell.

I'm just going by what he did with Montana State last year and what I've heard so far. I know it was his first year there and they had a new young QB to break in but going by some of the stats the passing game really struggled. He seems to like the shotgun formation which is hard to run a power west coast offense from IMO and one of the things I disliked about TP's play calling. I'd prefer we get back to our roots and run more I formations with the QB under center. Run more play action from that to hit big plays down field. Who knows maybe he is open to different offenses based on personnel and schemes. Might be a good fit, time will tell.
    I saw him referred to on the Montana State board as a "power run" guy who couldn't adapt to a Big Sky offense so maybe he is getting back to his roots. He's got MVFC experience
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I remember, NDSU's more successful plays against JMU were play action. When the game got tied-up, the offense went back to shot-gun predictable plays.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I saw him referred to on the Montana State board as a "power run" guy who couldn't adapt to a Big Sky offense so maybe he is getting back to his roots. He's got MVFC experience
    Well, he'll have a real defense now to back him up so he doesn't have the pressure of having to score 50 points just to win a game.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

The Insiders talks about Messingham. Jeremy Jorgenson seems to like him a lot https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Insiders talks about Messingham. Jeremy Jorgenson seems to like him a lot https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show
    I'll give it a listen but I take JJ stuff with a grain of salt because he's a company guy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯