Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The jet sweep and power run was getting killed by JMU in that game, but they weren't very good at stopping the misdirection plays. Why they stopped calling them after Grimsley's INT (NDSU had just tied the game at 17) and went back to the plays JMU was well-prepared for will be one of the biggest frustrations I have had as a football fan. NDSU wasn't going to be able to impose their will that day and needed to be more scheming.
    One thing I have appreciated about Messignham, he's not afraid to change when the circumstances warrant.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The jet sweep and power run was getting killed by JMU in that game, but they weren't very good at stopping the misdirection plays. Why they stopped calling them after Grimsley's INT (NDSU had just tied the game at 17) and went back to the plays JMU was well-prepared for will be one of the biggest frustrations I have had as a football fan. NDSU wasn't going to be able to impose their will that day and needed to be more scheming.
    This is spot on. We had momentum and field position after that interception.

I can’t disrespect TP. He has a great football story that isn’t over yet. Many players he coached and recruited are still on this team. He left with class and probably appreciates all NDSU did for him and I would think especially Kleiman.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    This is spot on. We had momentum and field position after that interception.

I can’t disrespect TP. He has a great football story that isn’t over yet. Many players he coached and recruited are still on this team. He left with class and probably appreciates all NDSU did for him and I would think especially Kleiman.
    Yes, TP did a lot of great things for the Bison program and we should remember him more for that.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yes, TP did a lot of great things for the Bison program and we should remember him more for that.
    The dude was logging and had to sell a golf club to have enough gas $$$$ to get here. Knowing how that story ended...mskes me lol

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We will soon find out if CK thinks as highly of Messingham as some of you by whether he takes him to K-State or reaches out to the market for a new OC.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel that with the way the assistants at KStates contracts are stated that Messingham will either go and KState will have to buyout the rest of the existing OC contract or CK sticks with the existing OC for now. That goes for most of the assistants there I believe.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    We will soon find out if CK thinks as highly of Messingham as some of you by whether he takes him to K-State or reaches out to the market for a new OC.
    It might be more if he has the opportunity to bring him rather than not. It will be interesting to see how many coaches they replace as the ones there already have guaranteed contracts. Hopefully they keep alot of their staff and we keep a majority of ours.

Job titles can always change, as can job assignments, so one way or another Coach Klieman can take whoever he wants. If any of the KState assistants don’t like it, they can leave , but they put a lot of contract money at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I feel that with the way the assistants at KStates contracts are stated that Messingham will either go and KState will have to buyout the rest of the existing OC contract or CK sticks with the existing OC for now. That goes for most of the assistants there I believe.
    Snyder got his assistants a pretty sweet deal. And kind of hamstrung whoever goes in there as new coach. Its one thing to have a multimillion dollar buyout for a head coach. but to spend millions buying out your own coordinators to leave is another thing entirely. To buyout the OC and 2 co-OC your talking north of $3m

With that said I would think the first guy on his list to take with him is the one with Big12 experience already.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Snyder got his assistants a pretty sweet deal. And kind of hamstrung whoever goes in there as new coach. Its one thing to have a multimillion dollar buyout for a head coach. but to spend millions buying out your own coordinators to leave is another thing entirely. To buyout the OC and 2 co-OC your talking north of $3m

With that said I would think the first guy on his list to take with him is the one with Big12 experience already.
    Likely scenario is Mess going initially as a position coach to be the OC waiting in the wings.