Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I was skeptical when he took the job with you, but it seems to be working out. Good for you.
    Because he adapted to our system rather than trying to implement his own. I'm sure he's added his own adaptations, but sticking with (and dare I say running more Power-I than his predecessor) has served him well and endeared him to the fans.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

I think the offense has been way less predictable this year. Feels like there are plenty of wrinkles left unused as well. Play calling has been setting up well all season. Last few games should be fun to watch.

Could be far more explosive, clock mgmt. towards end of halftime questionable all year.

meh, our players are out playing his play calling, which is a good problem to have.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Where is the max TE set?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Messingham has been a rock star this year. He was a rock star last year too when it was the best team rushing attack in our D1 history

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Messingham has been a rock star this year. He was a rock star last year too when it was the best team rushing attack in our D1 history
    That is what happens when the Bison use the whole width of the field in the rushing attack instead of being stubborn and trying to wear them down between the tackles

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This years offense may be the best we have had during our championship run. They keep defenses guessing and are explosive!

No question imho.

Was a thing of beauty to watch half of the Mt St D follow the back out of the back field into the end zone because they "knew" the wheel route was coming only to have Easton hit Brooks near the line of scrimmage and boundary who then had a open path down to inside the 1 yd line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I sure wish we could have seen them do what they do to some unsuspecting FBS program. Unfortunately there will probably always be an asterisk next to the 2018 team in the 13 vs 18 best team discussion as a result.

(Of course there is the implicit assumption that this crew will take care of biz through Frisco.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.