Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Easton was listed among the top 10 QBs in his class by NFL Draft.com end of the year his ranking dropped to 14 and trending downwards.
    I follow the draft somewhat every year and last year I followed it pretty damn avidly for obvious reasons and I have never heard of this site. Do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I follow the draft somewhat every year and last year I followed it pretty damn avidly for obvious reasons and I have never heard of this site. Do you have a link?
    Not sure if this is the correct site GOBISON123 is referring to as it doesn't rate Freshman, but he's ranked #14: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2019/QB

Player Pos. Pos. Rank School Class Ht. Wt.
    Lamar Jackson QB 1 Louisville So 6-2 205
    Josh Rosen QB 2 UCLA So 6-3 210
    Josh Allen QB 3 Wyoming rSo 6-5 230
    Wilton Speight QB 4 Michigan rSo 6-5 243
    Nick Fitzgerald QB 5 Mississippi State rSo 6-4 227
    Brett Rypien QB 6 Boise State So 6-2 205
    Jake Browning QB 7 Washington So 6-1 209
    Clayton Thorson QB 8 Northwestern rSo 6-3 220
    Blake Barnett QB 9 Arizona State rFr 6-4 211
    Trace McSorley QB 10 Penn State rSo 6-0 201
    Tanner Mangum QB 11 Brigham Young So 6-3 215
    Luke Del Rio QB 12 Florida rSo 6-1 211
    Kelly Bryant QB 13 Clemson So 6-2 215
    Easton Stick QB 14 North Dakota State rSo 6-2 222
    Keller Chryst QB 15 Stanford rSo 6-4 237
    Gage Gubrud QB 16 Eastern Washington rSo 6-1 195
    Ryan Finley QB 17 NC State rSo 6-3 205
    Kyle Allen QB 18 Houston rSo 6-2 210
    David Cornwell QB 19 Alabama rSo 6-4 228
    Jason Driskel QB 20 Florida Atlantic rSo 6-2 210

I would take this ranking with a grain of salt as a few of these guys will be gone next year and that there is a lot that can happen in two years in a QB's development. QBs can get better and they can get worse. Plus, there are QBs who are Sophomores who have yet to start their careers going into their Junior years, much like Carson Wentz.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I would take this ranking with a grain of salt as a few of these guys will be gone next year and that there is a lot that can happen in two years in a QB's development. QBs can get better and they can get worse. Plus, there are QBs who are Sophomores who have yet to start their careers going into their Junior years, much like Carson Wentz.
    Gotcha.

Jackson over Rosen? That's enough proof for me they are just throwing darts at a wall. Hell, I think they had Mitch Leidner in the first round this time last year. I wouldn't put any stock into their list.
    Hail the Bison!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct site GOBISON123 is referring to as it doesn't rate Freshman, but he's ranked #14:

[/URL]I would take this ranking with a grain of salt as a few of these guys will be gone next year and that there is a lot that can happen in two years in a QB's development. QBs can get better and they can get worse. Plus, there are QBs who are Sophomores who have yet to start their careers going into their Junior years, much like Carson Wentz.
    Also I am checking, http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC .

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Gotcha.

Jackson over Rosen? That's enough proof for me they are just throwing darts at a wall. Hell, I think they had Mitch Leidner in the first round this time last year. I wouldn't put any stock into their list.
    I think they are pretty decent. Few years ago they listed Joe Haeg as top 10 Offensive Player in his class and that turned out to be fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Was he playing injured last year? It seemed his speed wasn't what it use to be.
    Yes CK mentioned late in the season during a press conference that Easton was playing through some back problems.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I think they are pretty decent. Few years ago they listed Joe Haeg as top 10 Offensive Player in his class and that turned out to be fairly accurate.
    What???? Your definition of fairly accurate is pretty broad. Wow.

BTW, NFLDraftscout and CBSsports draft coverage are the same guy(s).
    Hail the Bison!

Yes CK mentioned late in the season during a press conference that Easton was playing through some back problems.
    I don't see Frasier having a chance at the nfl. He is way to slow for that level.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I don't see Frasier having a chance at the nfl. He is way to slow for that level.
    I agree. He is good at yards after contact but not elusive like Crockett. Heck Ojuri was faster than him.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I think you are right. Just the cold hard truth of the matter. I think we all appreciate what he contributed to the program. I'm thankful he was/is a Bison.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lamar Jackson #1 ? , Great example of a truly talented athlete who has poor accuracy (sails a lot of balls high) and timing on his throws. He will have some highlight moments every game but he will also average 3 or more picks a game.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    but he will also average 3 or more picks a game.
    Is it too late to nominate you for the preposterous statement tournament on KFAN?