Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Polasek proved time and time again that he had the inability to make adjustments. We were not a second half team with him. If his game plan worked, it worked brilliantly. If it did not work, he did not have a clue how to adapt.
    Second half offense was atrocious last year in the regular season, though it was better in the playoffs (though still fizzled in 4th quarter vs JMU). I'm sure he was good at many things and is growing in his understanding but he definitely was poor at making in game adjustments and imo that is a huge barometer for judging a coach

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I disagree mightily, no offense, no pun intended. My biggest criticism of Polasek is that he tried too hard to be an architect with his play calling. He called plays around a design that built up to very specific plays with very specific matchups. I think sometimes he stuck stuck to the plan too rigidly like against JMU, and it didn't work, instead of adjusting to something that would work. Other times Polasek did really well, though.
    I describe it as he didn't have the "Art" of play calling mastered. He could do the "Science" and put the plan down in black and white but when the plan needed some grey or to transform it just didn't seem to happen. I think he will get their with more experience but he needs a bit more time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Polasek proved time and time again that he had the inability to make adjustments. We were not a second half team with him. If his game plan worked, it worked brilliantly. If it did not work, he did not have a clue how to adapt.
    . I think this will be corrected next year with Courtney. Spring will be key to work on the passing game. It should be much improved with Easton healthy and good mix at WR.

By the way, did Klieman say who is taking over the running back position group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    By the way, did Klieman say who is taking over the running back position group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://twitter.com/NDSUonScout/stat...91807597826048

Thanks, figured I missed it.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton was listed among the top 10 QBs in his class by NFL Draft.com end of the year his ranking dropped to 14 and trending downwards.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Easton was listed among the top 10 QBs in his class by NFL Draft.com end of the year his ranking dropped to 14 and trending downwards.
    Was he playing injured last year? It seemed his speed wasn't what it use to be.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Was he playing injured last year? It seemed his speed wasn't what it use to be.
    Back problems from what I've read...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Back problems from what I've read...
    The Iowa game was brutal on Easton's body. The Hawkeyes weren't sleeping that day on the Bison.
    Hail the BISON!!!