Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Legendowski can (http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sp...tball-20160912)

And so can Shepherd:

No shit. RJ is no slouch. Where would we be without him?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Easton needs to progress a bit more as a passing QB. Last year it appeared he was second guessing himself a bit and not firing the ball on instict resulting in late throws and inaccuracy. He just needs to trust himself and his receivers more. Notice Carson put the ball up and let his receivers make a play, Easton hesitated with that last year. He also needs to anticipate throws better. He also didn't run the RPO's as effectively as he had as a freshman. Maybe it was his back issues, sophomore slump or whatever I don't know but he needs to take the next step as a QB.

I would really like to see Easton and his wr's work on back-shoulder throws/catches on deep balls. Could have really used those agains JMU's press coverage. Carson and RJ basically hooked up on one on last pass in ISURed Natty.

Actually, could have used that pass/catch combo in a lot of games last year. If done correctly it's near "undefendable". Aaron Rodgers is the current NFL king of those right now. Warren Moon kinda invented the concept as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

RJ also pulled the best CB where Vraa did the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I would really like to see Easton and his wr's work on back-shoulder throws/catches on deep balls. Could have really used those agains JMU's press coverage. Carson and RJ basically hooked up on one on last pass in ISURed Natty.

Actually, could have used that pass/catch combo in a lot of games last year. If done correctly it's near "undefendable". Aaron Rodgers is the current NFL king of those right now. Warren Moon kinda invented the concept as I recall.

This is so true. Watch the Youngstown State and JMU games again - where the corners played press coverage 95% of the time. Not only were they in press, but they were taking away any inside releases by their positioning. Forcing our receivers to go outside or fight for that inside release. This would have been perfect for back shoulder throw.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

My impression is that Messingham aims to improve on this kind of thing. A lot more "take what we are given" which fine by me [emoji51]

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    My impression is that Messingham aims to improve on this kind of thing. A lot more "take what we are given" which fine by me [emoji51]
    Hmm. I feel like that is what this team did last year. I'd like to see them take more of a grab the bull by the horns approach.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope Messingham isn't juggling 4 RB's at a time like we saw in the past. I'd be game for the hot hand approach, let a guy get in a groove. Dunn and Anderson are the obvious favorites to get a majority of the snaps, but Cofield and Purifoy are very talented. Also Coach K said he could see Wilson help us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Hmm. I feel like that is what this team did last year. I'd like to see them take more of a grab the bull by the horns approach.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I disagree mightily, no offense, no pun intended. My biggest criticism of Polasek is that he tried too hard to be an architect with his play calling. He called plays around a design that built up to very specific plays with very specific matchups. I think sometimes he stuck stuck to the plan too rigidly like against JMU, and it didn't work, instead of adjusting to something that would work. Other times Polasek did really well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I disagree mightily, no offense, no pun intended. My biggest criticism of Polasek is that he tried too hard to be an architect with his play calling. He called plays around a design that built up to very specific plays with very specific matchups. I think sometimes he stuck stuck to the plan too rigidly like against JMU, and it didn't work, instead of adjusting to something that would work. Other times Polasek did really well, though.
    Polasek proved time and time again that he had the inability to make adjustments. We were not a second half team with him. If his game plan worked, it worked brilliantly. If it did not work, he did not have a clue how to adapt.