Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I like that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    That is false. EJ Bibbs was not on the roster in 2009. He played for Iowa St in 2013 and 2014 after transferring in from Arizona Western Junior College. You are right he was on the Mackey list after his 2013 season. But no Messingham never coached him.
    I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. Anyway I hope to see more play action passing and little less QB run
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't think Klieman is going to have him reinvent the wheel. We have a formula that works. I'm curious if they had the had the right type of players to run that type of football. Montana State isn't known for good defense, power running o-lineman with fullbacks and TE's... especially after having a team full of spread type players. That was quite the change in philosophy
    Courtney Messingham sounds as if he's always had the NDSU mentality. Talks about Downhill Running, Physicality and Blocking Well. References Darrell Mudra as key coaching influence at 5:58 mark. Mentions NDSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOhL6htoL-o

Whew, when I saw Montana State I was afraid we were getting a Big Sky guy. This guy sounds 100% like he's been auditioning to work at NDSU his whole career.

Must be the Mudra influence.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Schemer View Post
    Courtney Messingham sounds as if he's always had the NDSU mentality. Talks about Downhill Running, Physicality and Blocking Well. References Darrell Mudra as key coaching influence at 5:58 mark. Mentions NDSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOhL6htoL-o
    Sounds good, we'll see how well he implements it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Whew, when I saw Montana State I was afraid we were getting a Big Sky guy. This guy sounds 100% like he's been auditioning to work at NDSU his whole career.

Must be the Mudra influence.
    Apparently Mudra as at UNI when Klieman was younger.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It's hard to tell but Klieman and Messingham played together, and are roughly the same age.

only 4 years older than me. I clearly haven't lived enough.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He won 3 conference titles there and led the Panthers to two semifinal games. It was also his last stop. Dude was a major success everywhere he coached except Arizona and Florida State.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Music to my ears! His philosophy sounds like just what the Dr. ordered. From Bison1660 https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...ingham-2-16-17
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I was just telling clenz that another UNI Panther is going to become a National Champion because he was wise enough to become a Bison.
    He's hungary!!!!!