Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

I think he will work with Randy Hedberg to really make us more balanced next year! This could be a great fit!

I have mixed feeling about this hire. He hasn't been very successful recently, but I think he is good fit scheme wise. He has also been calling plays longer than Tim did, so that is a plus in my book.

Anyway, someone spend a lot of effort making these videos. Have a look if you guys/gals want to see what kind of offense he ran at Montana State.

Montana State vs Idaho

Montana State vs UC Davis

I hope the play calling improves and he will bring a few new things, which is good. NDSU has been studied to death that some new blood will be good for the program. I hope to see the receiving improves.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I hope the play calling improves and he will bring a few new things, which is good. NDSU has been studied to death that some new blood will be good for the program. I hope to see the receiving improves.
    I'm excited to see Sean Engel and Noah Grindoff for the future - a couple of huge targets along with Easton improving his passing. Teams can't stack the box anymore.potential to be a great duo!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    I'm excited to see Sean Engel and Noah Grindoff for the future - a couple of huge targets along with Easton improving his passing. Teams can't stack the box anymore.potential to be a great duo!
    Neither guy has stepped on the field yet. We need a wholesale passing game improvement if we don't want guys to stack the box. Plus some speed outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Neither guy has stepped on the field yet. We need a wholesale passing game improvement if we don't want guys to stack the box. Plus some speed outside.
    We have some nice veteran weapons in RJ, Shep, Williams, Illies along with some young talent will help next year. Easton was dinged up which effected some of his throws. Next year has the potential to being a much improved passing game with the new OC !

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Yup, we were dead last in the Valley in Pass offense last year and our 3rd down conversion rate was down! When teams used to stack the box we made them pay with our passing game. We couldn't do that consistently last year.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yup, we were dead last in the Valley in Pass offense last year and our 3rd down conversion rate was down! When teams used to stack the box we made them pay with our passing game. We couldn't do that consistently last year.
    We were never a team that would beat you throwing but I think the problem is we were way to predictable when we did throw. It also seemed like on third and long we would throw short passes that didn't stand a chance to get a first down. Hopefully we can keep the defense guessing and off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Absolutely need WR's to step up. RJ and Shep are great, but they are great at a modest # of plays. They need guys who can step in and let them breath. They are good based on precise route running and having their burst....they are not good running 70 plays. This is a big year for several of them. Dimitri Williams is close to breaking out. was going to have a nice freshman year, but got dinged up early, then last year showed a lot of burst in the short passing game. He has to be great, and Sean Engel must be everything we hoped. That and tight ends who can run after the catch...assuming we do catch it. All of these things help Easton. Will be fun. A lot of youth on this team. Everyone redshirted.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.