Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtney Messingham

Default Re: Courtney Messingham

Well I see you guys finally got a bobcat to come to the dome.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtgrizzly View Post
    Well I see you guys finally got a bobcat to come to the dome.
    True....
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Messingham was Iowa State's tight ends coach at Iowa State in 2009.

So.....he was on the field the last time that NDSU lost a game to an FBS school...........2,722 days ago!

Therefore, BMG!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Messingham was Iowa State's tight ends coach at Iowa State in 2009.

So.....he was on the field the last time that NDSU lost a game to an FBS school...........2,722 days ago!

Therefore, BMG!
    That is great because, coming into that game EJ Bibbs was the Big12 TE of the year and he got few other awards.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    That is great because, coming into that game EJ Bibbs was the Big12 TE of the year and he got few other awards.
    I think he was their TE when we played them in 2014

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    That is false. EJ Bibbs was not on the roster in 2009. He played for Iowa St in 2013 and 2014 after transferring in from Arizona Western Junior College. You are right he was on the Mackey list after his 2013 season. But no Messingham never coached him.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One time I got to ask Messingham about why he called a particular play with particular players on the field in a particular situation. He essentially said that they didn't call plays based on who was on the field. They mostly just rotated players and called plays based on the situation but not the players. I thought that was a horrible answer, particularly because so many situations call for particular players (possession receivers, short yardage runners, etc.). Maybe he was just blowing me off. Or maybe he gave a really bad answer.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

It is difficult to know exactly what happened with Iowa State QBs, but it is clear that having a revolving door for OC's didn't help. And it seems that the former head coach liked to meddle with the QBs. I imagine that Messingham might say that he never really got a chance to develop and use a QB at Iowa State like he wanted. He was clearly a fall guy before the head coach got fired himself.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Given the fact Iowa State just pretty much sucks at everything related to football... is there a coach you like? Mark Mangino was apparently some sort of guru... and he was disliked.

Ah yes, Mark "the Man-genius" Mangino.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    One time I got to ask Messingham about why he called a particular play with particular players on the field in a particular situation. He essentially said that they didn't call plays based on who was on the field. They mostly just rotated players and called plays based on the situation but not the players. I thought that was a horrible answer, particularly because so many situations call for particular players (possession receivers, short yardage runners, etc.). Maybe he was just blowing me off. Or maybe he gave a really bad answer.

Heck that is a change from where we have been this last year. With certain backs you knew dang well they were not going to run between the tackles and it was either a pass or a outside run and usually the outside run it was.