Page 74 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Anyone know if we had recruits in tow this weekend or were the coaches out recruiting.
    Coaches were at the BB last night with football team and the six pack. So not sure if they were out. I think dead period opens up Monday again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Coaches were at the BB last night with football team and the six pack. So not sure if they were out. I think dead period opens up Monday again.
    Coach Austin and coach budda were in Bismarck at Barts BBall game

The one bad thing with the early signing period is we don't get all the recruiting updates/craziness after the championship game like we used to.

Ben Subbert - 6’ 4” 235 - TE/DE Williamsburg IA
    (2018 NDSU offer)
    Visiting Iowa this weekend. His older brother plays for the Hawkeyes.

Another visitor listed for Iowa is LB Mike Timm - 6’ 1’ 220 - Kettle Moraine WI
    Was a SDSU commit. Rivals describes Timm as a walk-on candidate. His recruiter is listed as Tim Polasek.

Llooking at a pair of WR's and a pair of LB's to fill out the class. Some fun stuff pending. I really do not see Montero as part of this. One kid that wouldn't fit the "need" but is still potentially out there too. VIsitors this weekend. Those are the positions that are being filled to conclude this amazing class.

One tiny note, last year we took on some walk ons, that redshirted...that are awesome. So nice to continue to get those kids in our program.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Looking at a pair of WR's and a pair of LB's to fill out the class. Some fun stuff pending. I really do not see Montero as part of this. One kid that wouldn't fit the "need" but is still potentially out there too. VIsitors this weekend. Those are the positions that are being filled to conclude this amazing class.

One tiny note, last year we took on some walk ons, that redshirted...that are awesome. So nice to continue to get those kids in our program.
    Good to hear. I was hoping the Bison would recruit another WR, especially a taller target.
    Jayden Price, Phoenix Sproles, Destin Talbert, DJ Stewart are all in that
    5’ 11” - 6 foot range, with their future position to be determined.
    Was also hoping for a larger LB, with scholly guy Mitchell Kartes listed at 6’ 200. A LB listed at 6’ 2” from Kansas might be an acceptable answer
    for one of the 2 LB spots you mentioned!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Good to hear. I was hoping the Bison would recruit another WR, especially a taller target.
    Was also hoping for a larger LB, with scholly guy Mitchell Kartes listed at 6’ 200. A LB listed at 6’ 2” from Kansas might be an acceptable answer
    If you take a peek at recent coach follows... you'll see a whole slough of WR and LB names. No idea if any are the visits Burg is referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If you take a peek at recent coach follows... you'll see a whole slough of WR and LB names. No idea if any are the visits Burg is referencing.
    Am guessing you need to join Twitter to do this??? I haven’t joined yet.

Hawkeye Nation mentions the LB Timm visit to Iowa, and that Michigan has now given him a PWO offer.
    HN also mentions Kirk Ferentz having visited LB Logan Klemp recently, and that Klemp will be on an official visit to NDSU this weekend.

Both NDSU LB offers - Klemp and Jasir Cox - appear to be back-up recruiting plans for Iowa. Perhaps PWO candidates, as is Mike Timm.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/recrui...rs-late-period

The Hawkeyes certainly are searching for linebacker help. The top target appears to be Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett senior Jayden McDonald (6-1, 210), who is scheduled to officially visit Iowa on Jan. 26. He’ll be at Kansas State this coming weekend and Ole Miss on Feb. 2.
    From the article Iowa signed 2 high school LB’s in the early period, and two JC transfers from Iowa Western are already enrolled and are PWO’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Llooking at a pair of WR's and a pair of LB's to fill out the class. Some fun stuff pending. I really do not see Montero as part of this. One kid that wouldn't fit the "need" but is still potentially out there too. VIsitors this weekend. Those are the positions that are being filled to conclude this amazing class.

Montero would be cool but in reality he's probably limited to a base defense linebacker and would come off the field on nickel. Kid can play but his speed is definitely not his strength.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Would be nice to get that weineke/Stapleton type receiver who can run but be physical and get the 50/50 ball. I do like watching what sproles and talbert can do with the ball in their hands. ABC