Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Is Jabril's brother someone we are recruiting ? If so, do we have a legitimate shot at him ?
    I would say if NDSU wants him they have him since I think his only scholly offer right now is a D2. It's a high standard to be sure but he doesn't appear to have the size and athleticism of his big bro.

Cross your fingers. Big day tomorrow. Really loaded class at this point. I have never seen a class with this many offers. Several high major offers. Some haven't come out yet. Not sure if they will or not, but maybe after they ink it!

20 kids we hope to sign tomorrow. Unless we get another verbal that isn't already accounted for. Maybe a kid wants to verbal on signing day...which I guess is possible for the kids that have recently been on campus, or have had an offer for a while.

Looks like 10 on defense. 10 on offense.

4 North Dakota, 6 Minnesota, 3 Wisconsin, 2 Iowa, 2 Illinois, 1 Florida, 1 Kansas, 1 Missouri. Again, that is what we HOPE to get to sign tomorrow. Current verbals. Unless a scary call happens today, all are expected to sign.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I would say if NDSU wants him they have him since I think his only scholly offer right now is a D2. It's a high standard to be sure but he doesn't appear to have the size and athleticism of his big bro.
    His brother is a freak that many at the FCS level will lack in regards to size and athleticism. After some of Jasir's highlight film, he appears to have more than enough size and speed for a Safety and tackles pretty well. I believe the problem that NDSU has is that he is a Safety and already have three possible commits (Kartes with Kaczor and Enz being listed as Athletes) at that position. Perhaps he can be looked at as a DB?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Assuming all 20 sign tomorrow, how many more can we realistically sign by next spring?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    His brother is a freak that many at the FCS level will lack in regards to size and athleticism. After some of Jasir's highlight film, he appears to have more than enough size and speed for a Safety and tackles pretty well. I believe the problem that NDSU has is that he is a Safety and already have three possible commits (Kartes with Kaczor and Enz being listed as Athletes) at that position. Perhaps he can be looked at as a DB?
    Safeties in this class would include Kaczor, Enz (current torn ACL). Kartes projects to LB.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

hear good things about enz

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Assuming all 20 sign tomorrow, how many more can we realistically sign by next spring?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I have to assume a "few" which means I honestly have no clue...as they can be split at this level. I do not know the exact # available. FBS has a max of 25. I am not sure the FCS #. I have to assume we have some extra money to burn late based on the two kids who went to Iowa and Iowa State. Gotta think they are on the lookout for a corner late and any other guys to complete the class. Very balanced at this point.

4 OL and a full back, with 5 DL. A lot of grown men being signed! That is how you win. I get really excited about the skill talent. Talbert and Sproles at WR to go along with those two freak RB's. Then Lance at QB. That has to be as "Elite" of skill talent as we have brought in.

Plus there is always a bit of turnover in upperclassmen that opens up some money and spots. It might not be many but it is usually a few. Also depends on how many walkons that are on the team now earn scholly spots.

Dom and Jeff think Dylan Evans is going to commit tomorrow. All I know is that he is announcing his decision at 4:30 Williston time.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dom and Jeff think Dylan Evans is going to commit tomorrow. All I know is that he is announcing his decision at 4:30 Williston time.
    "typically" on the announcing...they still fax/email in at 7AM...making it official. Then the 4:30 deal is just a fake signing for the school/public. That is how things typically go anyway.