Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Pike was the ultimate depth but he didn't make a huge impact until half way in year 2. (if he only had 1 year he wouldn't have done much at all) He also made the biggest play of the game vs Georgia Southern making a strip when they were going to score a TD
    Impact is measured in a multitude of ways. Pike was great for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Really an unfair question since we rarely take any transfer players. By the way King Frazier had the most carries in the 2015 title game 18 for 55 yards and a TD. He had 35% of the carries and 30% of the yards.
    A lot of that had to do with that Carson guy running around like a pissed off bear.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    A lot of that had to do with that Carson guy running around like a pissed off bear.
    Carson had 9 for 79 I believe.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Really an unfair question since we rarely take any transfer players. By the way King Frazier had the most carries in the 2015 title game 18 for 55 yards and a TD. He had 35% of the carries and 30% of the yards.
    King Frazier had 3 years though and by the national championship game that was his 31st game, plus spring ball. It's amazing how many reps he had. Most players play 33 games in 3 years!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Impact is measured in a multitude of ways. Pike was great for NDSU.
    Fair enough. My point isn't to downplay players. It's just showing Juco players take a year to make an impact.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fair enough. My point isn't to downplay players. It's just showing Juco players take a year to make an impact.
    I think you still missed the point. A JUCO player can come in and make an immediate impact even if they're not seeing the field.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Jucos and transfer are different. Don't paint with a broad brush.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Tre wasn't JUCO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Tre wasn't JUCO
    Even worse... 1 year of eligibility. If he was a juco I would have been more optimistic

Even worse... 1 year of eligibility
    Ok bud...so you are telling me, that if NDSU would have landed Tre (and we tried hard), you would have been disappointed.

Lets have a quick recap: Named team captain of a Big Ten team by his teammates. Graduated already from that school. Led the Big Ten in tackles one year already. Has a brother on our current team. Plays a position that we are currently trying to fill. Has a GREAT reputation. You are telling me that you wouldn't have had him? Please, you get a tall boy over our walk ons. This kid would have been a huge get for the program. Best of luck to him, as he sounds like a really great kid with a bright future in whatever he choses. Maryland got a good one!

Again, if he never played for the Gophers? I may agree with you...why should he be ahead of our guys? Low end big ten players aren't always better. This kid can play, and was a great person. WITH A BROTHER ON OUR ROSTER.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.