Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    He's the type of player we built this run around. I know we have high numbers at RB, but we saw how quickly that can change this year. Find it hard to believe we couldn't find a spot for a hometown player.
    Glad your not in charge of recruiting, I want the best players we can get, not “hometown kids”. That is mayville state mentality.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    Glad your not in charge of recruiting, I want the best players we can get, not “hometown kids”. That is mayville state mentality.
    I agree, we need the best football players. It would have been nice to get another local, but if he isn't on your list and can't make the depth chart then it's better to let them go where somewhere else where they can play. A win for both!! The Bison certainly aren't hurting for local players and they have been more than generous in giving opportunities.

Did you ever watch him play?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I have many times. I believe it was his projected position at the next level. Would like to have seen it happen with the Bison but they put money in that position. I believe his only offers were DII. Now if we are talking the o or d lines, fullback, lb, then maybe you offer a pwo. Maybe he is limited in playing only one position??

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I bet our coaches have. Can't offer every local kid.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

they can be both, you know

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I bet our coaches have. Can't offer every local kid.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    That's right - we have a couple of kids like him already. It's und's MO - last week of recruiting to start raiding the DII teams.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Was hoping to see Otis Weah as a Bison via a PWO, felt like he has good potential as a change-of-pace utility back, someone who could also contribute on special teams. But of course the Coaches know best.
    Good luck to him!
    Good story by Chris Murphy on Weah revisited here:

http://www.inforum.com/sports/footba...s-und-football

The 5-foot-8, 184-pound running back and defensive back rushed for 1,815 yards and 20 touchdowns on 178 carries in nine games as a senior for the Spuds. Weah got stronger as the season went on, rushing for 1,441 yards and 16 touchdowns on 120 carries in the final six games of the season. UND was the only Division I school to give Weah an offer. He'll join former Spuds Brady Leach and Jade Lawrence with the Fighting Hawks.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    That's right - we have a couple of kids like him already. It's und's MO - last week of recruiting to start raiding the DII teams.
    So you think he’s a DII talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    So you think he’s a DII talent?
    Yes MSU wanted him bad.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN