Page 16 of 107 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

OK, I'll be the downer.....many days until he can sign, great get if he hangs around
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Happy to have Trey aboard. Competition at qb is going to be great to watch after Stick is gone.
    Competition is on today, may the best man win the job

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It's too bad all these QB's are within a year of each other...NDSU has been hitting it outta the ballpark with these quarterbacks. Can we stagger them every 3 years?
    We tried that and we ended up with terrible QB play and no depth. Now we learned from that mistake and bring one in every year. Yes we may lose one or see a position change but big picture it's the right move. By doing it this way we went from Brock Jensen to Carson Wentz to now Easton Stick. All 3 of those guys played a role in the five peat. Had we not had Stick 2 years ago we would have been screwed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We tried that and we ended up with terrible QB play and no depth. Now we learned from that mistake and bring one in every year. Yes we may lose one or see a position change but big picture it's the right move. By doing it this way we went from Brock Jensen to Carson Wentz to now Easton Stick. All 3 of those guys played a role in the five peat. Had we not had Stick 2 years ago we would have been screwed
    It was just wishful thinking on my part with the QB's we have now and the ones already committed, I wasn't implying anything with future recruiting...I agree I like going after QB's every year but at the same time I feel for those that will never see the field. Almost every game I catch myself staring at the sidelines wondering about the future for some guys, then I snap out of it and realized I just missed a play...I'm weird like that. For selfish reasons I want them to stay but transferring is a reality and probably the better option for some of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    OK, I'll be the downer.....many days until he can sign, great get if he hangs around
    Yes, Goophs could easily offer. Do we know for sure hes being recruited as a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Yes, Goophs could easily offer. Do we know for sure hes being recruited as a QB?
    The Gophers got an early QB commit in February - Brennan Armstrong, 6' 2" 210, Shelby Ohio
    Perhaps that helps NDSU's chances......
    The Gophers certainly know where Marshall is as Minnesota's top recruit last year was Trey Lance's teammate, OL Blaise Andries (6' 6" 305). The previous year Minnesota signed Marshall's Drew Hmielewski, a WR who had also been offered by NDSU.

Quite a start to the recruiting class!
    Last edited by bruinbison; 05-24-2017 at 01:06 PM.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Wasnt there talk of an early signing period for Football earlier in the year? Did that pass or did they shoot it down? Or was I hearing things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Wasnt there talk of an early signing period for Football earlier in the year? Did that pass or did they shoot it down? Or was I hearing things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's starting this year but it isn't until mid-December I believe so still a long ways to go even to the early signing day.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this a RECORD for earliest VERBAL for football?

I used to think July was early----QB Trey Lance verbals May 23rd!!!! I'm impressed with his decision making ON and OFF the field! LOL He knew where he wanted to go and committed to it. I am still leary with summer camps and other schools trying to swoop in late when they miss on their other targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Is this a RECORD for earliest VERBAL for football?

I used to think July was early----QB Trey Lance verbals May 23rd!!!! I'm impressed with his decision making ON and OFF the field! LOL He knew where he wanted to go and committed to it. I am still leary with summer camps and other schools trying to swoop in late when they miss on their other targets.
    I believe Derek Tuska was earlier just not reported