Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Bartholowmew Ogbu - 6' 6" 205 - Shiloh Christian School (Bismarck) - 1st NDSU offer in North Dakota
    Ogbu is originally from Nigeria, here is his story......

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/hi...a463ba428.html

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Bartholowmew Ogbu - 6' 6" 205 - Shiloh Christian School (Bismarck) - 1st NDSU offer in North Dakota
    Ogbu is originally from Nigeria, here is his story......

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/hi...a463ba428.html
    Interesting story. However, is the offer for football or basketball? If he has speed and good catching skills, maybe he could be a WR.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Interesting story. However, is the offer for football or basketball? If he has speed and good catching skills, maybe he could be a WR.
    It's football - he's wearing an NDSU uniform in the tweet about the offer.

BisonReport is saying that his position is DE.

http://www.scout.com/player/217086-b...ear=2017&s=564

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's football - he's wearing an NDSU uniform in the tweet about the offer.

BisonReport is saying that his position is DE.

http://www.scout.com/player/217086-b...ear=2017&s=564
    DE, will need to beef up a bit for that position. Kramer can get the weight on him.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    DE, will need to beef up a bit for that position. Kramer can get the weight on him.
    Is this a standard comment automatically posted in bisonville for every recruit?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Is this a standard comment automatically posted in bisonville for every recruit?

Yep ����!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

When you're playing in a violent sport with big, athletic dudes, "yes."
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    When you're playing in a violent sport with big, athletic dudes, "yes."
    Every recruit in the last upteen years who is 6' 3" and 230 lb and played LB in high school is a DE prospect.........standard Bisonville MO. "IT'S ALL ABOUT A SKILL SET"......yeah, we've heard it before, ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Yep ����!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Every recruit in the last upteen years who is 6' 3" and 230 lb and played LB in high school is a DE prospect.........standard Bisonville MO. "IT'S ALL ABOUT A SKILL SET"......yeah, we've heard it before, ad nauseum.
    I would say anyone who is a 6-4 or taller gets the label. Seems like 6-3 De's or shorter don't overly excite people. (unless your Kyle Emanuel or Greg Menard) Now this kid says he's 6-6 which means he's probably 6-4 or 6-5

Getting a 6-6 defensive lineman is something we rarely see at the FCS level and it's arguably the most important position on the defense. So heck yeah! Put him in the weight room and if we have a 6-5 to 6-6 250 pounder I'll take that 100 times out of 100. We're a developmental program. Unless he doesn't have any skills of course

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I think the "we hear this about every recruit" thing was referring to the need to get him into NDSU's training program, but, yeah, people do like to suggest switching players from other positions to DE.

I'm pretty sure he is being recruited as a DE even though his height, speed, and BB background might suggest TE.