Page 79 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

When is the next signing deadline?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    When is the next signing deadline?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    February 7th I believe.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    February 7th I believe.
    You are correct.

533 In a row

I'm all in on Xavier Johnson. That kid looks like a playmaker, the way he sets up blockers/defenders, his vision, he's physical, and has great short area quickness. Looks like a natural hands catcher as well. His stats are off the charts, 2300 all purpose yards, 25tds, average of almost 230 yards per game? That's a football player. Not sure the level of competition he was facing, but he was clearly the best player on the field.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Some highly rated and recruited kids. Xavier has an unreal offer list, and to get a PWO option at Ohio State and just visit there is just awesome for the kid. Quite an opportunity if he so choses. I think it says a lot he is willing to take one of his allowed 5 visits to NDSU. I think we will do very well this weekend. Nice to have a blend of the already committed kids in with the potential kids at the same time. The class is absolutely loaded right now, these kids would be a great finish.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Some highly rated and recruited kids. Xavier has an unreal offer list, and to get a PWO option at Ohio State and just visit there is just awesome for the kid. Quite an opportunity if he so choses. I think it says a lot he is willing to take one of his allowed 5 visits to NDSU. I think we will do very well this weekend. Nice to have a blend of the already committed kids in with the potential kids at the same time. The class is absolutely loaded right now, these kids would be a great finish.
    Of the 5 recruits coming in this weekend that are not committed - how would you rate them in terms of priority? They all look great on film and are positions of need just curious how they would be prioritized.

I don't think you rank them 1-5. I think we want 2 WR's and 2 LB's. It may come down to who accepts first at WR. I do not know. We can partial kids, so it would all depend. They all have FBS offers. So those are all full ride kids at those schools. I know we want the LB's. Nice to get them up here with the 8 committed kids. Great weather. Xavier's offer list is outstanding. Clearly at a position of need. Big kid. Zach Mathis has an offer from Boston College, Army (has taken official), Air Force, Ark State, USD, UMASS. Kenneth Channelle has 9 offers currently. Xavier has offers from the entire MAC, Iowa State, Cincinnati, the PWO from Ohio State from just last week. I would take any or all of them.

These are similar to the offer lists of say Phoenix Sproles. It is very impressive to get these kids on campus. They can help us.

I love these two linebackers. I don't really understand why Logan wouldn't have signed some place early. I have no idea why or why not. Maybe hoping for bigger offer? But, he is a tough nosed kid. Both of these kids could help us at OLB. Cannot have enough, as they are terrific on specials as well. I hope we get some great news come Sunday morning!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I don't think you rank them 1-5. I think we want 2 WR's and 2 LB's. It may come down to who accepts first at WR. I do not know. We can partial kids, so it would all depend. They all have FBS offers. So those are all full ride kids at those schools. I know we want the LB's. Nice to get them up here with the 8 committed kids. Great weather. Xavier's offer list is outstanding. Clearly at a position of need. Big kid. Zach Mathis has an offer from Boston College, Army (has taken official), Air Force, Ark State, USD, UMASS. Kenneth Channelle has 9 offers currently. Xavier has offers from the entire MAC, Iowa State, Cincinnati, the PWO from Ohio State from just last week. I would take any or all of them.

These are similar to the offer lists of say Phoenix Sproles. It is very impressive to get these kids on campus. They can help us.

I love these two linebackers. I don't really understand why Logan wouldn't have signed some place early. I have no idea why or why not. Maybe hoping for bigger offer? But, he is a tough nosed kid. Both of these kids could help us at OLB. Cannot have enough, as they are terrific on specials as well. I hope we get some great news come Sunday morning!
    To bad it wasn't a game weekend so they could see the atmosphere. The tailgating and game have to give the kids chills during the intro.

Does Jasir have an fbs offer?

If we can sign another 2 of these wr I think it would give us some flexibility to move someone to cb if needed. They all look like great athletes. Be nice to get some game breakers on the outside to help our run game even more. Pretty crazy to think we have had this much success without a true stud wr (yes we have had some good ones but no one you have to double or game plan for).