Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1068

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Yep. Mostly true at the bachelor level, absolutely not true at the masters level. A high end BS/BA will help, but not guarantee, entry into a high end masters program. There absolutely is a correlation, and it’s more than SAT. If your living in Fargo ND after college, none of this matters even the slightest, but say your going into investment banking, consulting, or high tech (where the high paying jobs are)? Only a fool would say it’s not a huge deal
    The Ivy League schools are nothing more than a business selling a product. Like all products, they wow you with flashy marketing, cool looking buildings, huge exaggerations, and just general bullshit so you can graduate nearly a quarter million in debt when you would have the exact same level of success of you went to Penn State.

What's the last time you asked your investment banker where he went to college at? Do you ask your medical doctor or Lawyer where he went to school at? I could care less as long as they have a record of winning cases, making money, and not killing patients. Steve Jobs dropped out of college and later gave a commencement speech at Stanford. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard but just like the study says if you're smart enough to get into Harvard, your odds of being successful go up.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 02-09-2018 at 04:52 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Ivy League schools are nothing more than a business selling a product. Like all products, they wow you with flashy marketing, cool looking buildings, huge exaggerations, and just general bullshit so you can graduate nearly a quarter million in debt when you would have the exact same level of success of you went to Penn State.

What's the last time you asked your investment banker where he went to college at? Do you ask your medical doctor or Lawyer where he went to school at? I could care less as long as they have a record of winning cases, making money, and not killing patients. Steve Jobs dropped out of college and later gave a commencement speech at Stanford. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard but just like the study says if you're smart enough to get into Harvard, your odds of being successful go up.
    Are you saying my Medieval British Art Theory degree from Cornell isn't going to open doors for me ????

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not saying your overall points don't have some merit, but they are more or less false. On average, Ivy league graduates leave school with the least amount of debt. Part of this is because not as many low-income students make it in, but those that do receive tons of financial aid. They have endowments in the billions that help cover financial aid. And I'm not sure where you got your information that Ivy league grads don't make, on average, more than graduates from other schools, that's false as well. There's no doubt that a large part of that is the connections they are able to make while in college.

WaPo article on salary
    One of many articles discussing Ivy League student debt

I love Ivy league Grad Salary talk in a Recruiting thread!!!

But I guess I expect nothing less after reading thru that Delaware thing...
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Not saying your overall points don't have some merit, but they are more or less false. On average, Ivy league graduates leave school with the least amount of debt. Part of this is because not as many low-income students make it in, but those that do receive tons of financial aid. They have endowments in the billions that help cover financial aid. And I'm not sure where you got your information that Ivy league grads don't make, on average, more than graduates from other schools, that's false as well. There's no doubt that a large part of that is the connections they are able to make while in college.

WaPo article on salary
    One of many articles discussing Ivy League student debt
    Here's one study
    https://www.usnews.com/education/blo...-earnings-myth

Personality I think if you are smart enough to get into an Ivy League school, your odds of being successful go way up no matter where go. Obviously it's a great education but I just think its overrated. Success has much to do with how motivated you are and how you apply your brain power

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

So back to the real thread. Any chance this new punter comes in and starts day 1. Glad they found some competition after Wagner's 27 yard punt in the nc. Need to improve our special teams
    Last edited by Bison20; 02-09-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    So back to the real thread. Any chance this new punter chimes in and starts day 1. Glad they found some competition after Wagner's 27 yard punt in the nc. Need to improve our special teams
    I hope so. Wish we would just burn a scholarship on a punter and kicker. I know it's unconventional to do that in the FCS but it's kind of a big deal. Georgia Southern would have beaten us in the semis if they had a kicker. They had to try and use a soccer player in the biggest game of the year because their first kicker stunk. Meanwhile they probably had a linebacker who was 9th on the depth chart getting a scholarship

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    So back to the real thread. Any chance this new punter chimes in and starts day 1. Glad they found some competition after Wagner's 27 yard punt in the nc. Need to improve our special teams
    Not trying to argue or be a smartass but just maybe Wagner should get a few more chances to show his stuff before making the new fella the starting punter?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Not trying to argue or be a smartass but just maybe Wagner should get a few more chances to show his stuff before making the new fella the starting punter?
    I am pretty sure they will have to battle it out to see who get the starting nod. I doubt either one was guaranteed the starting job.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I am pretty sure they will have to battle it out to see who get the starting nod. I doubt either one was guaranteed the starting job.
    I know that, was just meaning to not be so quick to kick someone aside without giving them a chance.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!