Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Yes MSU wanted him bad.
    Having interacted with this kid multiple times on and off the field, talent level is very comparable to multiple kids on our roster. We will agree to disagree on talent level.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He's absolutely good enough to play at NDSU. End of story. It's a #'s game at his position already (To far down on the RB board with the commits we've got) vs. other position needs.

Hopefully hear some good news from Ryan Mazurek's visit this weekend.
    Last edited by Jay; 02-04-2018 at 03:19 PM.

I will take Clark and not think twice. The coaches have shown they know what they are doing. We recruit guys with fbs offers, not guys with d2 offers. Never seen him play but best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I will take Clark and not think twice. The coaches have shown they know what they are doing. We recruit guys with fbs offers, not guys with d2 offers. Never seen him play but best of luck
    They're talking as a PWO, not someone to challenge Clark

We recruit some players with D2 only offers. We even recruit players with zero offers. Brock Jensen, Brian Schaetz, and Joe Haeg come to mind.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    Glad your not in charge of recruiting, I want the best players we can get, not “hometown kids”. That is mayville state mentality.
    Even Mayville State does not sign all that locally any more. Got curious and looked at the 2017 roster...17 ND kids out ~67 roster listings. The rest are from TX, GA, CA, AK, VA, AZ, FL. More distance covered than NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    Glad your not in charge of recruiting, I want the best players we can get, not “hometown kids”. That is mayville state mentality.
    Glad you're not in charge of talent evaluation at any level.

Exactly. You are looking at him based on his offers, not based on his talent. He's good enough to play DI football and I wanted him at NDSU.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Having interacted with this kid multiple times on and off the field, talent level is very comparable to multiple kids on our roster. We will agree to disagree on talent level.
    And you are disagreeing with our staff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    And you are disagreeing with our staff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I don’t manage our roster. I wanted him in a Bison uniform.

I am disagreeing with guys that say he is a D2 talent because he committed to a different school. That is my opinion and others are free to disagree. I’m basing it off of personal interactions and comparing it to other skill sets I have seen at area FCS schools. It’s another case of if he was 2” taller.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Even Mayville State does not sign all that locally any more. Got curious and looked at the 2017 roster...17 ND kids out ~67 roster listings. The rest are from TX, GA, CA, AK, VA, AZ, FL. More distance covered than NDSU.
    80% of mayville state university is on athletic scholarship. What a waste of a college. Shut it down
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?