Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    But, But, But, !!!! Nobody is saying its illegal, glad its not me or my kid he walks in front of to play. It's 2017' I don't expect people to understand loyalty. Harbaugh is going into his fourth year at Michigan and he is bringing in a one year transfer to play QB next year. Talk about a situation that better work. The Alumni are already wondering why this supposed genius is reaching for straws after three years when he should be reaping the rewards of his arrogance and greatness.
    No one complained when Chad Willson and John Pike transferred in from JUCO in 2010. Were part of 2 FBS wins (Minnesota and Kansas), first playoff run 2010, won starting positions, and won a National Championship in 2011. Best man plays.

Andre Martin, grad transfer from UNI, walks in starts one year opposite of Marcus at CB. Him winning the CB job allowed us to move Dudzik back to his natural of FS. My point is you do what it takes to get better as a team, for the team.

Are you against true freshman playing over a less talented upper classmen? If a guy has three years of buying into the bison program I would bet the house they would want the team to be the best possible. To not want the team to be the best team possible would be a much more selfish act by the upperclassman than a display of disloyalty to the upperclassman.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Both opinions work for transfers. It is a much different situation when it is only 1 transfer and the impact that will have on the current players/team. Now if you are UND with 4 transfers coming in and possibility of more transfers what does that say?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well Tre, we’re waiting... I don’t think he comes to NDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    CAREFUL, I mentioned the value of the Bison sticking to staying true to recruiting and standing behind a recruits loyalty in earning a starting position one day vs. bringing in one year replacements, and I got jumped on. I am not against transfers, however, I do not support ONE year deals. Hey, look at -ND again this year. Their talk is 3-4 JUCO's yet to commit. How would you like to have 2-3 years of weightlifting, practice and team RAh, Rah, Rah under your belt and wake up next fall losing play time to a JUCO transfer (Rent A Player). NDSU is a big reason why kids commit to a team, as the Bison commit to them. LOYALTY is a two way street.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    but this is the type of guy who was a proven good player, and would help out immediately with the LB core till the other can get better. I'm fine with transfers because I trust our staff has good enough judgement and this isn't like he got kicked or anything he is graduated, different deal

I don't think it has anything to do with loyalty. It has to do with most jucos aren't productive because they don't have time to learn our system. If you can't get a 1 year guy in by spring ball, at best they will contribute late in the year. There are exceptions at certain positions and Andre Martin and Chad Wilson worked out, both were positions of short term need, but in general they don't. I would bet Desmond Cain will contribute next year which is fine if he's an impact guy. But for every stud juco you get guys like Kelly who did nothing and got kicked off the team. I personally like 3 year guys like King Frazier

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tre Watson to Maryland

Well then Jack....the path is clear.

What is Nick Saban doing???
    He signed this Savion Smith guy from Mississippi Community College.
    C’mon Nick, if you want to be the NDSU of the FBS, no, I repeat, no transfers!!!

we are in the minority. we win recruiting battles. Transfers work in the FCS. ALL OVER. It is necessary for a lot of schools. Plus, location helps a lot of other schools. If I was Southern Illinois, I would LIVE on transfers. FBS kids that aren't getting playing time. You guys act like all transfers are the same. My goodness. They aren't bad kids because they get lost on a depth chart at a high major.

Look at Watson. We tried to get him. Commits to Maryland. Graduated early from Illinois. Voted team captain. Honor student. would have filled a position of need. His brother was on our team. We will continue to look at opportunities to improve the team. OH, and he lead the Big Ten in tackles as a junior. It isn't like he played for the gophers for 2 years, played in 8 career games, got one tackle.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

2019 NDSU interest

TE/ATH Travis Yohnke (6’ 4” 230) of Parkers Prairie

"I want to go for football, and I've been to those game-day visits to Minnesota and NDSU," Yohnke said. "I'm going to another one this weekend at the University of South Dakota. We've been sending some film with Iowa and Wyoming, but it's still pretty open right now."

That visit to Division I FCS power North Dakota State University came on Oct. 28 as the Bison (9-1) knocked off Northern Iowa 30-14.

"Right away, that atmosphere hits you hard," Yohnke said of the NDSU game day. "I went to the tailgating before and it's just diehard fans. They take it seriously there. They showed us what they do day by day. No matter where you're from, they welcome you as a Bison."

Through three seasons, Yohnke has 108 catches for 1,825 yards and 24 touchdowns. That's earned him All-Mid State Blue District honors for three years. As a freshman, he was named the district's most valuable receiver after catching 37 balls for 556 yards and eight touchdowns. He has also posted a 3.95 GPA in the classroom.
    Another 2019 NDSU interest who had visited Fargo, RB/ATH Jason Williamson (Owatonna)
    just verbaled to Minnesota right after signing day per Ryan Burns. Burns also reported Minnesota got a verbal from the top-ranked QB in the 2019 Minnesota high school ranks in Cole Kramer, Eden Prairie (Joe Schreiber’s teammate)

http://www.echopress.com/sports/4361...mpression=true