Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1068

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by MLSND View Post
    Weight probably no big factor. Dating myself, but remember Ray Guy from 70’s or 80’s. Great punter both distance and placement. Doubt he weighed 200lbs. Just saying, technically he was great.
    No problem, I do it all the time. It's not like anyone else is gonna.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    On that note herdbot... what is the ideal weight of our new punter?
    I think he has the frame to get to 300 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by MLSND View Post
    Weight probably no big factor. Dating myself, but remember Ray Guy from 70’s or 80’s. Great punter both distance and placement. Doubt he weighed 200lbs. Just saying, technically he was great.
    He was 6-4 and longer legs generate more power

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    ...or if a punter is actually allowed/made to run a 40, what would be an acceptable time for the bot?
    Considering the last time we ran our punter was 7 years ago, I'm thinking he could run a 9.20 forty and weigh 390 lbs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

But, can he dance?

Hail the BISON!!!

When I was at the game in Denver when the Raiders played the Broncos, I noticed the punter......
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Ivy League schools are nothing more than a business selling a product. Like all products, they wow you with flashy marketing, cool looking buildings, huge exaggerations, and just general bullshit so you can graduate nearly a quarter million in debt when you would have the exact same level of success of you went to Penn State.

What's the last time you asked your investment banker where he went to college at? Do you ask your medical doctor or Lawyer where he went to school at? I could care less as long as they have a record of winning cases, making money, and not killing patients. Steve Jobs dropped out of college and later gave a commencement speech at Stanford. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard but just like the study says if you're smart enough to get into Harvard, your odds of being successful go up.
    You have no clue what your talking about. Your points about Jobs, Zuck, and Gates further illustrates that point. Those guys dropped out because they had really good ideas and the ambition to make their dream a reality. That is not 99.99999999% of the population. On the price of an Ivy degree, there is the advertised price and the real out of pocket price that most students end up paying. Massive endowments take care of most fees, and that’s especially true at the masters level. The actual education these students receive is essentially the same as anywhere else, but the prestige and most importantly the network is what sets Ivy above the rest. It’s not for everyone. As I said, if you plan to live in Fargo ND none of this matters, but your “business selling a product” comment is inaccurate and very naive.

BTW, the bankers I’m talking about aren’t the ones working at your local Wells Fargo branch answering your phone call...

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Actually, I do...I check their bios online...If UND shows up anywhere, I find someone new.
    Hahaha love it!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    You have no clue what your talking about. Your points about Jobs, Zuck, and Gates further illustrates that point. Those guys dropped out because they had really good ideas and the ambition to make their dream a reality. That is not 99.99999999% of the population. On the price of an Ivy degree, there is the advertised price and the real out of pocket price that most students end up paying. Massive endowments take care of most fees, and that’s especially true at the masters level. The actual education these students receive is essentially the same as anywhere else, but the prestige and most importantly the network is what sets Ivy above the rest. It’s not for everyone. As I said, if you plan to live in Fargo ND none of this matters, but your “business selling a product” comment is inaccurate and very naive.

BTW, the bankers I’m talking about aren’t the ones working at your local Wells Fargo branch answering your phone call...
    Ivy Leaguers are very smart and connected. They dominate Washington DC and have managed to put the richest most powerful country $20+ Trillion in debt among other brilliant accomplishments. Genius!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    6'4" 180 lbs who runs a 4.45 40-yd dash is the ideal punter. Also wears a size 12 with a wide foot and low-med arch on his kicking footand six toes.
    fify!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    fify!!!!!!!!
    Ah, thank you kind sir.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Ivy Leaguers are very smart and connected. They dominate Washington DC and have managed to put the richest most powerful country $20+ Trillion in debt among other brilliant accomplishments. Genius!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    There you are again something so witty