Page 97 of 107 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    And you are disagreeing with our staff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    No one is disagreeing. I'm fairly certain they would agree with us, but, like many have pointed out, it became a numbers game with our needs. Doesn't mean we can't wish he ended up at NDSU, nor does it indicate his ability to play here. Some of us are independently able to see talent and not just follow offers and/or what others say. I think UND got a good one, it's ok to give them props. You get a bunch of these kids on a team and you can turn your fortunes around quickly. We aren't going to get everybody - just the nature of recruiting, doesn't mean they aren't DI caliber tho lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    No one is disagreeing. I'm fairly certain they would agree with us, but, like many have pointed out, it became a numbers game with our needs. Doesn't mean we can't wish he ended up at NDSU, nor does it indicate his ability to play here. Some of us are independently able to see talent and not just follow offers and/or what others say. I think UND got a good one, it's ok to give them props. You get a bunch of these kids on a team and you can turn your fortunes around quickly. We aren't going to get everybody - just the nature of recruiting, doesn't mean they aren't DI caliber tho lol
    Just because UN_ got someone doesn't mean they'll know what to do with him. The way they bitch about their coaching staff it's apparent no one ever plays to their full potential up there.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    Glad your not in charge of recruiting, I want the best players we can get, not “hometown kids”. That is mayville state mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Even Mayville State does not sign all that locally any more. Got curious and looked at the 2017 roster...17 ND kids out ~67 roster listings. The rest are from TX, GA, CA, AK, VA, AZ, FL. More distance covered than NDSU.
    Since Mayville can only get 3rd tier talent in their immediate recruiting area, they sure as heck better look in other states.

NDSU got all the top ND players, we got 6 of the top 25 players in Minnesota, 2 of the top 25 in Iowa, and 3 of the top 27 players in Wisconsin. That's 14 players from the traditional area. Then we get a few players per year from Missouri, Kansas, and Florida.

Reality is to get the corners and receivers, you need to go south. You just don't see enough Marcus Williams, Zack Vraas, and CJ Smith's in the immediate recruiting area.

The day we get a majority of our players from a long way away will probably be the day we see the team decline.

I agree with Endzone he's the type of kid we need. I think he's a D1 talent but it's a numbers game. If we got every player we like, it would be a 200 man roster

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Just because UN_ got someone doesn't mean they'll know what to do with him. The way they bitch about their coaching staff it's apparent no one ever plays to their full potential up there.
    This too. Situation matters as much or more than talent and hard work. Hard work usually at least allows the cream to rise to the top, but we shall see.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So my only read through here is that the coaches graded him out as not a CB/DB. Obviously RB wasn’t going to work well with our roster situation. I don’t think it’s worth beating that dead horse any further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    So my only read through here is that the coaches graded him out as not a CB/DB. Obviously RB wasn’t going to work well with our roster situation. I don’t think it’s worth beating that dead horse any further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Glad you're not in charge of talent evaluation at any level.

Exactly. You are looking at him based on his offers, not based on his talent. He's good enough to play DI football and I wanted him at NDSU.
    Never seen him play. Not saying he can't be a d1 player. Just seems like he is borderline based on offers and we have been killing it lately recruiting so we are going for borderline fbs talent. Our roster is loaded and just not enough opportunity for him. Wish the kid the best.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

His talent is really at RB. He really carried Moorhead like Chase did. Chase had a bit more length. Otis is a do everything kind of player. He played on offense, CB on defense and returned kicks.

I really wish we'd have gotten him but thems are the breaks, I wish him well even at that hellhole in grand forks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

So did we even recruit the kid?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So did we even recruit the kid?
    NDSU had interest in him. Recruit as in make any sort of offer... no.