Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1068

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Updates

The kid CLEARLY struggled in the NC game. That wasn't his best. He also wasn't probably planning to punt that day, suddenly it is like...Bro, you are in! Starter got hurt. OK....Lights clearly got bright. From what I understand, he can really boom it, and is inconsistent with that. But, like other kids...he was a freshman. Look at a kid like Chris Board. He ended up dominating the NC game as a senior. He didn't have that ability as a freshman. Basically I am saying, be patient. We added a punter, creating competition like we do at every position. Herdbot, relax a bit on how we should scholarship a punter and how and IVY league schools aren't great. I think you need to refocus on your passion, which is evaluating the listed height and weight of all incoming kids. Grind, be great at it.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

On that note herdbot... what is the ideal weight of our new punter?

Weight probably no big factor. Dating myself, but remember Ray Guy from 70’s or 80’s. Great punter both distance and placement. Doubt he weighed 200lbs. Just saying, technically he was great.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

...or if a punter is actually allowed/made to run a 40, what would be an acceptable time for the bot?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by MLSND View Post
    Weight probably no big factor. Dating myself, but remember Ray Guy from 70’s or 80’s. Great punter both distance and placement. Doubt he weighed 200lbs. Just saying, technically he was great.
    I will counter with Reggie Roby of the dolphins

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

6'4" 180 lbs who runs a 4.45 40-yd dash is the ideal punter. Also wears a size 12 with a wide foot and low-med arch on his kicking foot.

I need to see film on him to fully evaluate the type of eating/weight plan he will need to build the perfect punter body frame and speed

Just givin ya shit BOT!! Its Friday
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I know that, was just meaning to not be so quick to kick someone aside without giving them a chance.
    I'm not trying to say we definatley need to start the new kid. Just wondering what the chances are considering the 27 yard punt. Mason is also rated as the 9th best punter in the nation so I'm assuming he is fairly good. I know a few people have said Wagner can boom some kicks. Just hope one of them can get our punting back to where it was a few years ago when we could flip the field.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Ivy League schools are nothing more than a business selling a product. Like all products, they wow you with flashy marketing, cool looking buildings, huge exaggerations, and just general bullshit so you can graduate nearly a quarter million in debt when you would have the exact same level of success of you went to Penn State.

What's the last time you asked your investment banker where he went to college at? Do you ask your medical doctor or Lawyer where he went to school at? I could care less as long as they have a record of winning cases, making money, and not killing patients. Steve Jobs dropped out of college and later gave a commencement speech at Stanford. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard but just like the study says if you're smart enough to get into Harvard, your odds of being successful go up.
    Actually, I do...I check their bios online...If UND shows up anywhere, I find someone new.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I need to see film on him to fully evaluate the type of eating/weight plan he will need to build the perfect punter body frame and speed

Just givin ya shit BOT!! Its Friday
    gobison10683726 should have the film you'll need for further evaluation.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1