Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leathernecks @ NDSU 2/8 SHAC 5 pm

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Leathernecks @ NDSU 2/8 SHAC 5 pm

Our defense improved by 30 points but our offense regressed by 20 points.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Our defense improved by 30 points but our offense regressed by 20 points.
    And from a 29 point loss to a 27 point loss. Improvements abound. Even better we play Fort Wayne next. Maybe the worst team in the country.

I did watch the game as I driving down in time for the mens game. Just looking at stats from the game. We only had 2 steals compared to their 13. Turnovers we had 22 they had 5. Second chance points 7 NDSU , Western 21. Points off Turnovers was 2 NDSU and 19 WIU. Our 3 point shooting took a dive in the second half. It seems to me the ladies get tired and then not focused as they should be. A lazy pass here, a poor box out there and shots falling short and there goes the game. I wonder if we would be better suited to just slow the entire game down and not try and run. Make the other team play defense. Yes we can not turn the ball over. Even if you could cut turnovers down by 1/2 and make 1/2 of those extra possession would give us 10 more points. Now play better defense and create of few more steal and we would turn that into more possessions. There is another 2-6 points. Finish the close shots or better a few more offensive rebounds and there is another 5-10 points. Now we are in the game and maybe just maybe can close out with a win. I just think the ladies get tired and all fundamentals start to slide and boom game over. Slow the game down. Make it a rock fight instead of a track meet.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.